"Baron Von Schwein" 120 Gallon Horizontal Tank RF Build. QVIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your orifice and air hole combination might easily be fixed by adding a needle valve to your regulator.  This will allow your to tweak the air gas mixture even more.  I used this on a hog cooker I built.  I will send pictures if you need me to.

Your orifice and air hole combination might easily be fixed by adding a needle valve to your regulator.  This will allow your to tweak the air gas mixture even more.  I used this on a hog cooker I built.  I will send pictures if you need me to.
Pictures would be great! Thanks!

I would suggest that all you newbies out there that are asking questions about stack vent locations, suggestions about putting it on a trailer or suggestions about postponing the wedding until he get a good design should go back to the beginning and read all 12 pages of this thread before you make any more comments or suggestions.

Reactions: captqinsofla
I would suggest that all you newbies out there that are asking questions about stack vent locations, suggestions about putting it on a trailer or suggestions about postponing the wedding until he get a good design should go back to the beginning and read all 12 pages of this thread before you make any more comments or suggestions.
X2

I cant wait to see some pork fat dripping from the seams! Good luck!!

drool.gif

Reactions: sn3rt
Wow, great looking build gmasterpfautz and  Cororumex!  I'm totally inspired now. And I just happen to have the same kinda tanks lying in the yard for another project (a wood fired boiler for a hot tub), but now I may have to co-opt the tanks for a RF smoker.  Great job guys. 

There it is! Isnt it beautiful!? Picked it up from the blaster today ($60 for grates and everything), painted it (with the much appreciated help from Cororumrex) with some rust-oleum high temp paint, and atttached the gages and the handle. Cant believe I'm finished (for now)! The wedding is on the 30th so we will have plenty of pics from that and will most likely fire it up next weekend for a trial run. Thanks for all the help quys! This forum was a huge part of making this smoker what it is. Enjoy the pics!

f0c6c7ee_2012-06-1615.05.16.jpg

e609bb07_2012-06-1614.33.08.jpg

36f9ec28_2012-06-1614.33.23.jpg

24d2601c_2012-06-1618.36.46.jpg

06c5ddcb_2012-06-1617.26.31.jpg

6a83727f_2012-06-1617.26.43.jpg

0cfefe5b_2012-06-1617.26.20.jpg

ef334717_2012-06-1617.37.36.jpg

d36de877_2012-06-1617.37.55.jpg

147e9922_2012-06-1617.38.02.jpg

efe93d75_2012-06-1617.38.13-1.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see some smoke and some meat !!!!!!  Looks good   great job

Gary S

To no ones surprise... I'm sitting here looking at the finished pics thinking of what I'm going to do to it next. I'm thinking door counterweight and a nice cutting board for the grill and smoker. Maybe I'm not finished yet... Or do these kinds of projects ever truly end?

I  don't think these projects ever end,  I HAVE A NUMBER OF SMOKER PROJECTS  and I'm always adding something to each of them. Looks like tables are in your future.  awesome job.

Absolutely a fantastic job. I have come back and gone through the whole 12 pages repeatedly and enjoy it each time. My liitle brother would have loved this. He was an accomplished welder and even designed and built scale model cars and trucks as special gifts. I would have loved to work with him on a project like this but sadly he passed away too soon. I hope to use this for my first build as a guideline. Many thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky