Bargan Shiners hot & fast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Looks like Beef ribs are gaining a little notoriety and with good reason. Last minute decision to cook these bad boys last night. Wife asked how fast could I cook them? Well, never walk away from a cooking challenge.
Shiners from local grocery @ $2.29/lbs (normal price when available)
quick rinse and I pull a layer of the skin off the bone side.
Used our seasoning someone gave us from Blake Shelton's restaurant up in Tishomingo (Name is on the bottle - LMAO)
IMG_4548.JPG

Fired up the Yoder with Lumberjack hickory pellets to 325
Rotate 180 deg after 1 hour - DONE in 1 1/2 hours - 20 min rest
eating 2 hours from start. They just don't get old. Love the flavor - nice light hint of hickory smoke. I do prefer to cook them slower to get a bit more smoke but when in a pinch hot & fast will work.
IMG_4550.jpg

Just another example of the many ways we can cook these if time is an issue.
I don't think there's a wrong way to do this? I haven't found one yet :emoji_sunglasses:

Nice looking ribs! I shouldn't visit this site that often - I feel hungry all the time just because I see what you all cooking! :emoji_laughing: So many good and tasty things to cook - but can do it only during the weekend... and only one or two meals at once.. Oh, well...

Those look great. I'd buy them all day for that price. Folks complain a lot about the lack of meat on back ribs, but the meat that's there can't be beat for flavor.

Looks like Beef ribs are gaining a little notoriety and with good reason. Last minute decision to cook these bad boys last night. Wife asked how fast could I cook them? Well, never walk away from a cooking challenge.
quick rinse and I pull a layer of the skin off the bone side.
Used our seasoning someone gave us from Blake Shelton's restaurant up in Tishomingo (Name is on the bottle - LMAO)
View attachment 405461
Fired up the Yoder with Lumberjack hickory pellets to 325
Rotate 180 deg after 1 hour - DONE in 1 1/2 hours - 20 min rest
eating 2 hours from start. They just don't get old. Love the flavor - nice light hint of hickory smoke. I do prefer to cook them slower to get a bit more smoke but when in a pinch hot & fast will work.
View attachment 405462
Just another example of the many ways we can cook these if time is an issue.
I don't think there's a wrong way to do this? I haven't found one yet :emoji_sunglasses:

Thanks for the likes everyone and it was our favorite Vols fan that broke down and finally said the name out loud. To answer your question it's a good rub. Along the same lines as Slap yo Mama or Tony's. It's good but I bet it's pricey since it's a novelty item? Was a great gift.
Cook on everyone! What am I gonna cook tonight? No beef ribs left....

Nice cook Tex! Love the rub!

Love them hot and fast we do them that way a lot!

Those Ribs Look Great, Randy.
I'll have to try a set on my Grill some time.
Mrs Bear would love the lack of Smoke.
Like.

Bear

Man those look tasty!! I am more and more into the hot and fast cooks. I don't think I smoke anything other than bacons lower than 275F anymore. Cruises up to 300 usually.

Excellent looking ribs Randy, I can spy beef ribs around the holidays if I'm lucky.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky