Banana Split Supper ( Banana peppers -split-stuffed + smoked, and K-Elote Mexican Street Corn my way )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m not the biggest fan of stuffed peppers, but I love banana peppers and those wrapped in bacon, I would absolutely destroy a few! The K elote looks great too! I tend to eat that a lot but I like the way you did yours!

Nicely done David!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice job, David, real nice. We like banana peppers--Miss Linda doesn't do hot peppers at all. I've never had Mexican street corn, but after seeing yours, it won't be long before I give it a try.
Enjoy your cruise!! Hope you don't have any airline problems.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the wow and the comment.

I also do the banana peppers for Mona as she does not like the heat either. And the K-Elote is very good . It has the cheese added to the street corn that is why the name K-Elote. there are lots of different recipes. I like how I put it together.

And like I mentioned before hoping to try some on the streets in February. ( thanks about the flights. Just sent the SIL home to BC, she was here for the holidays. While she waited at the airport for her flight , it changed 3 times and not from the weather as we still have green grass on the ground and 10 deg. )

David

I’m not the biggest fan of stuffed peppers, but I love banana peppers and those wrapped in bacon, I would absolutely destroy a few! The K elote looks great too! I tend to eat that a lot but I like the way you did yours!

Nicely done David!

Thanks Joe for the love and the comment

Yes the banana peppers were great , and nice flavour with the Chorizo and the bacon.
and the K-Elote is great also , and the extra cheese is a hit

Now I just started eating Cotija since I started on this site and I am really loving the salty cheese

David

“Banana Split” caught my eye and even though I knew this wasn’t going to be about Dairy Queen I’m so glad I saw this. Wow! Everything about this looks so good. I’ll have to hunt down banana peppers as my innards can’t handle the hot ones. Nice work and thanks for the great ideas.

“Banana Split” caught my eye and even though I knew this wasn’t going to be about Dairy Queen I’m so glad I saw this. Wow! Everything about this looks so good. I’ll have to hunt down banana peppers as my innards can’t handle the hot ones. Nice work and thanks for the great ideas.

Thanks Sven for the love and the comment

Other than the play on words that is why I also hunted for the banana peppers, Mona not too crazy for the hot things, and the banana peppers fit that bill. And I liked the thick wall/skin as they were still crunchy even after the bacon cooking.

Glad you enjoyed, hope you find the peppers , only 1 market ( specialty ) around here that I could find them. About the same price per pound as Jalapeños

Side note , I really loved the old Dairy Queen when they used to have the Brazier Sauce for their burgers, but still good.

David

Reactions: Sven Svensson
WOW!! That is one impressive meal David. So creative, so vibrant, and I bet it was nothing short of amazing. Very well done sir...and sign me up for a plate of three please :emoji_laughing:

Robert

WOW!! That is one impressive meal David. So creative, so vibrant, and I bet it was nothing short of amazing. Very well done sir...and sign me up for a plate of three please :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

It was a very good meal and the peppers were really good also

I just ate the last of it this morning for a snack, sorry. But give me a heads up and I will whip up another batch , sorry, lol
This mornings snack >>>>>> DSC_6314.JPG

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
eating an actual DQ banana split. I was king until it melted. Haha!

Nice memories Sven, we still go there maybe a few times a year, I am an ice cream nut. Love it all
Used to get the cakes for our birthdays but the price is stupid for ice cream cake now , almost $40.00 or more depending which one you get

Still like the burgers once in a while also

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky