Banana Split Supper ( Banana peppers -split-stuffed + smoked, and K-Elote Mexican Street Corn my way )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Banana Split Supper ( Banana peppers -split-stuffed + smoked, and K-Elote Mexican Street Corn my way )

Found some very nice Banana Peppers and wanted to make some stuffed ,and wrapped. Also have been wanting to make some K-Elote which is Mexican street corn off the cob and mixed with cheese. And I have made this here before , and it is very good.
And I also wanted to make Chorizo Verde, this time just loose and not in the casing.
So I made up the blend for the Chorizo , mixed all and into the smoker with heavy Mesquite smoke. So I will show the process now.

The items ready for the show

1.JPG 2.JPG

Got the ground pork in the bowl and added the chopped Jalapeno, Cilantro, 2 Chile de Arbol, kosher salt, garlic, black pepper, cumin, oregano and 1/8th cup vinegar
Chop all very fine, mix well in a bowl . Than off to the smoker with the mesquite rolling.

3.JPG 4.JPG

5.JPG 6.JPG

had in the smoker for about 1 hour , and it cooked nice , and the smell is out of this world . If you like that . lol
I could not stop picking at it. Brought in the house and took about a third of it for the peppers.

7.JPG

Blended the third with 1/4 of an onion chopped fine and 3/4 cup of Mozza and cheddar I grated and mixed and bagged up before and froze.
8.JPG 9.JPG
Cut and cleaned out the banana peppers, really stuffed with the filling, and of coarse wrapped in bacon

10.JPG 11.JPG
12.JPG

While this is going on I also have the K-Elote started. Chop a couple strips of bacon and 1 1/2 cups of corn in the case iron to get some char on the corn ( added 1/4 cup diced onions )

13.JPG 14.JPG

I guess i did not take any shots of the corn mix, but I added to the cooled down corn 3 Tablespoons of mayo and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
mixed and into a pan, add the crumbled Chorizo Verde on top than good layer of the cheese mix ( mozza and cheddar ). Into the oven at 400 for 45 minutes

15.JPG 16.JPG

17.JPG

When this is done bring out let cool a bit while I bring in the Banana Peppers. To the K-Elote sprinlke on top the Cotija cheese

19.JPG . 20.JPG
21.JPG

Time to plate this up, the smell in the kitchen is really mouth watering, the Chorizo with the vinegar in it is perfect. All the cheese in and on the Mexican street Corn. Just right
And the Banana Peppers with the mix in them and wrapped in bacon , what else can I say but, wish you were here . ( well maybe not only 4 peppers, sorry )

22.JPG 24.JPG

25.JPG

Thanks for staying in for the ride , I really enjoyed and the peppers still had a little snap to them as they had a good thick wall/shell

Hope you enjoyed the Banana Split Peppers

David

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_6311.JPG
    DSC_6311.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
David that's just plain awesome! It all looks delicious but those banana peppers are talking to me!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Always extra creative, that looks so good, would hate to have to eat it, unless if course if my arm was twisted. Just terrific.

Thanks Nafarious for the like and the comment

Thanks for the kind words, instead of creative some would say strange lol
I found it hard to stop picking at the Chorizo Verde, while making both parts of the meal
And once I started to eat the peppers I knew I made the right choice for supper.

David

Thanks
bauchjw bauchjw

For the love

David
Sorry for the delay! Awesome themed meal! You dominate these🤘 I love the banana pepper idea, is that your unique interpretation? I don’t think I’ve seen one like that before and I agree that keeping a bit of snap is ideal. But man, that Elote, street corn is definitely one of the things I miss about San Diego, besides weather.

Big points! Incredible meal as always!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sorry for the delay! Awesome themed meal! You dominate these🤘 I love the banana pepper idea, is that your unique interpretation? I don’t think I’ve seen one like that before and I agree that keeping a bit of snap is ideal. But man, that Elote, street corn is definitely one of the things I miss about San Diego, besides weather.

Big points! Incredible meal as always!

Thanks Jed for the comment

" Sorry for the delay " Don't ever worry about that. Thanks for saying this about the themes

" I love the banana pepper idea, is that your unique interpretation? " not sure what you mean , Hope this answers you.
But i just wanted to try some banana peppers for a while and love Chorizo Verde, so thought to do this way instead of with cream cheese etc. and the snap was lucky, I think because the banana peppers have a thick wall/skin so bonus for me.

As for the street corn in a bowl. I really like the blend of the mayo and sugar with the fried corn, and adding the bacon and the Chorizo was just me making more flavours for me

And I really loved the meal in whole. ( on a side note going to Mexico in February, so hope to get some street foods and ideas than )

David

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky