Banana peppers....finally!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Now I'm sure a "few" of you heard me praising my likes for Banana peppers. Today, a good friend of mine gave me these.

P7242686.jpg

I'm going to have some good eats with these!

Reactions: jcam222
They make great poppers use them instead of jalapeno next time, they are great

You have a good friend indeed. Nice score! I've only got one plant of Sweet Banana peppers and it's not real healthy looking. But the Cherry Bomb and Jalapeno peppers are coming on strong and I'm waiting for a good crop.

Reactions: Steve H
This might sound dumb but one of my favs is a bologna sammy with banana peppers (fresh from the garden) and a little mustard and mayo.

Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
I enjoy all fresh garden (chili) peppers.
Outside of bell, my wife doesn't

This might sound dumb but one of my favs is a bologna sammy with banana peppers (fresh from the garden) and a little mustard and mayo.
Why?
Not a baloney fan, but enjoy fresh veggies in what ever sandwich combo I decide to try.
Now add a garden tomato to the stack and I might like bologna.

Reactions: jcam222

I've never heard of that. I may have to give that a go.

For you Steve. I have banana peppers coming out of my ears at the moment. In salads every night, mixed with scrambled eggs in the morning, several jars canned so far with salsa canning fixing to start. Have also picked and canned several hundred Tomitillo
20190725_070757 (2).jpg
s so far for Salsa Verde. In the back ground are 2 types of Jalapeno's along with Serrano's. If only you lived closer.

Reactions: Steve H
For you Steve. I have banana peppers coming out of my ears at the moment. In salads every night, mixed with scrambled eggs in the morning, several jars canned so far with salsa canning fixing to start. Have also picked and canned several hundred TomitilloView attachment 401378 s so far for Salsa Verde. In the back ground are 2 types of Jalapeno's along with Serrano's. If only you lived closer.

Oh man, I wish I did live a bit closer! Nice looking plants.

Now the wait starts! 2.5 quarts sliced. And 1 quart whole. The quart whole ones and the pint go to my friend that supplied me with these beauties.

P7262690.jpg
P7262691.jpg
P7262692.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky