Balsamic Mushroom & Onion Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Got a steal on a whole pork loin at Costco, so we made up some Carnitas, but still had a chunk of the loin left.
Decided today to stuff it with a Balsamic Mushroom and Onion mixture (plus a few other items) will be throwing it on the PBC in a couple hours.
In trying to be healthy(er), I skipped the bacon wrap and went with a coating of mayo. Hopefully the stuffing and mayo will keep it juicy.

IMG_3042.jpg

I could not skip the bacon entirely....
IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

left some of the bacon fat in the pan...

IMG_3045.jpg

Let the filling simmer with Balsamic vinegar
IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

Cream cheese with salt and pepper
IMG_3048.jpg

Some bacon...
IMG_3049.jpg

The balsamic mushroom and onion filling
IMG_3052.jpg

I added some spinach before rolling
IMG_3053.jpg

Coated with mayo and some rub. Sitting and waiting to hit the smoker.

More to come.....

Thanks for looking,

Smoke ON!
- Jason

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

Pulled at 145 IT

IMG_3060.jpg

Nice smoke ring from the cherry and post oak

IMG_3062.jpg

The Loin turned out awesome, one of my better cooks in a while. The balsamic onion and mushroom with the smoothness of the cream cheese paired so well with the perfect level of smoke. The meat was super tender and moist, which I had been most afraid of since I did not brine or bacon wrap. I did not miss the bacon wrap as much as I expected. We made some Brussel Sprouts, Garlic Butter Noodles and fresh Sourdough Bread to round out the meal.

This one is going in my book of favorites!!

Thanks for looking,

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Steve, Richie, & Al-
Thank you very much. Can't wait to have leftovers for lunch today!!!!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky