Balsamic Glazed Tri Tip - The Copper Pot VC Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife wanted to keep today’s meal on the downlow so she picked up a marinated TT from Costco......
D9D39891-3571-4CA4-B334-1E9BDB38D1C3.jpeg

We do a far amount of these as they are good in the fridge for3 to 4 weeks so no pressure to use it quick.....

I wanted to mix it up so decided to use the VC in the copper pot over coals and apricots wood chunks.
C28BA59D-2E8E-47ED-8B34-1B4B4956A336.jpeg

A window into a mans heart!
E5355784-3DEA-4246-9C98-1D0779B23398.jpeg

so warm and full of happiness!
6D62AE5C-0A87-4320-8623-F3FF8EBE9ECD.jpeg

Bingo on it goes.....I ran it on the top shelf for an hour at 225 and then dropped it down to the middle to run about 300 for the last 45 min.
D22F4BC9-409C-4ACB-8CE4-841CA7FD3968.jpeg

Pulled it at IT 140....no reverse seat this time just tender natural heat sear!
295017E8-E56F-4D9B-8CC7-B9A201BF1A7F.jpeg

Paired it with some whole roasted carrots, GR mash, herb seared baby Bella’s and a red wine balsamic glaze!

the carrots being whole were dropped in the hot potato stock to blanch them, then dropped in a pan with some classic olive S&P to sear the surface, then on a 425 deg oven to finish....the final touch was afresh herbed EVOL drizzle with 2 min left (ten min total). These are golden with the balsamic!!!

The finished plate!
5CD67802-D8CB-41C2-97FF-42EB2D70FBD4.jpeg

since plate symmetry requires 3, here are 2 more views to make it 3.....lol
A3363596-324E-4845-B831-6882F310BCC1.jpeg

just YUM!
42389C04-043E-4531-83E7-F844698EA187.jpeg

this plate was consumed in 3 minutes!!!

the whole fam is now resting waiting for GR’s Sticky Toffee Pudding!!!! Will post that after it has been consumed!

Looks delicious! Of course still love the fire pics! If that was consumed in 3 minutes give it a bit... should have a burp coming soon! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looks great !! 👍👍
Thanks Jax!

Just yum is right! :emoji_thumbsup:
Good to see the obligatory taters! :emoji_grin:
Right on crash! GR taters are first rate!

Looks delicious! Of course still love the fire pics! If that was consumed in 3 minutes give it a bit... should have a burp coming soon! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Well it might have been 3x3 minutes but nothing but good feelings! Watching the fire is very recharging and good prep for a long week ahead!

Really nice presentation. Sticky Toffee Pudding looks so good and is on my list to try. I just forget about it until a post or YT Video pops up and reminds me. Gettin' old and Forgetful...JJ

Looks great Civil! Great plated shot, your descriptions are excellent as usual. Nice job.

I'll take my plate w/o the fungi. Everything else looks fantastic Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Really nice presentation. Sticky Toffee Pudding looks so good and is on my list to try. I just forget about it until a post or YT Video pops up and reminds me. Gettin' old and Forgetful...JJ
Thanks JJ! you need to try it for sure! We have gone to a mini bunt cake shape so the toffee soaks in....Its almost a lava cake but with toffee instead of chocolate!

Looks great Civil! Great plated shot, your descriptions are excellent as usual. Nice job.
Thanks MJB! As I was plating it, I realize that all the colors went really nicely together.

Great meal . Nice work .
Many Thanks Chop!

Man that plated shot is gorgeous. Almost too pretty to eat.
Jim
Thanks Jim! If it looks good it tastes even better right! Believe it or not the carrots with the glaze almost stole the show!

I'll take my plate w/o the fungi. Everything else looks fantastic Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, ok a plant w\o fungi....It does have carrots though....and they aren't the carrots mom use to make!

Awesome looking cook as you always do. Great post.

Warren
Thanks Warren, it is much appreciated!

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks Chris, ok a plant w\o fungi....It does have carrots though....and they aren't the carrots mom use to make!
When I was young the only way I'd eat carrots, turnips, broccoli or cauliflower was raw. Mom made her carrots with a honey glaze, and save me a sliced carrot or two in it's raw form. You could always tell where my place at the table was.

Chris

I was not a Veggie eatin' kid until my late teens. A favorite Fresh Carrot prep now, boil until tender/crisp, then Sautee in Butter, a sprig of fresh Thyme and Pure Maple Syrup until tender and the syrup reduces to a thick Glaze...JJ

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky