Bakers and Chefs event grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I didn't get the grill box yet. I have a huge charcoal grill that I like to use for grilling. I may get the grill box one day though.

Well here it is. I cant wait for the weekend so I can use it. I'm studying about some hillbilly fried rice to break it in with.

b5f48613_newgrill.jpg

What is hillbilly fried rice? Sounds like it would be good in my plow disc wok

oh man that thing is gonna be fun!! that will hold a ton of fried rice, I just fried some up on my little griddle, I would like that recipe too if you dont mind?

make sure to take some pics when you use it.

Last edited:
Actually, i just call it hillbilly fried rice. I fry some bacon and crumble it up, then save the grease to fry the rice in. That bacon makes it so much better than the local Japanese restaurant I think.I put eggs, green onions, some soy sauce, or Franks Red Hot in it depending on what kind of mood I'm in, then usually some squash or zucchini,  mushrooms and sesame seeds. I serve it with steak, chicken, shrimp, Spam or Vienna sausages, just like a trailer park hibachi! I typically use short grain rice, but in a pinch (the 7/11 don't carry short grain), I even use minute rice. See hirrbirry! You should try it. I was suprised how good it actually is.

By the way, I just got done seasoning it. Man that sucker gets hot. I was afraid the top would become molten. As far as the Cooks and Bakers grill, the company I work for has one. They cooked over 350 steaks on it this past Friday, and didn't miss a beat. I got to take it back to the department it belongs to. Seems like a really well built piece. I may end up wth one after all.

I was wondering if it would get hot enough, good deal i just looked at samclub and they are out of them and that might be a good thing because

i am wanting one of them lol. You have to get some oyster sauce for the fried rice its what gives it that chinese flavor and i just found out about this

other seasoning called maggies seasoning and its killer on rice too

I used one of those for a Food and Wine Event a couple months back. We went through about 200 pounds of beef,in about 4 hours.......mini burger patties, ribeye, sirloin and NY strips. The event had about 1000 or so attendees and the servings were around an inch cubes.

The searing station was great in finishing off thicker cuts of meats with a nice crust.

I had no complaints. I though it was not enough for the amount of people we had to give samples to, but it held up well and was pretty consistent. Of course you have to find the hot and cold spots and work around those. We did and were able to work around them ok.

EDIT: Now that i saw the picture, I used the event grill that Costco sells.....that picture looks totally different from what I used.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it would get hot enough, good deal i just looked at samclub and they are out of them and that might be a good thing because

i am wanting one of them lol. You have to get some oyster sauce for the fried rice its what gives it that chinese flavor and i just found out about this

other seasoning called maggies seasoning and its killer on rice too
Maggie is mostly used in soups, sauces and gravies but I bet it would rock some rice too - Nice

One thing to keep in mind though, UPS shipped my grill. It had the devil beat out of it when it got here. It had a handle bent, and one of the leg "sockets" bent, and various scratches and scrapes. It even had the vertical edge around the grill bent. I didn't bother trying to file a claim with them. I had a guitar shipped to me 2 weeks ago, and they broke the neck off of it. It was insured, buy they wouldn't honor the claim. They said it wasn't packed according to their guidelines. Now the poor guy I bought it from is out 40 dollars he paid for shipping, and has a busted guitar. Guitar necks don't just break that easily. I wrote the corporate office and they wouldn't do anything either. UPS has gone down hill a lot in the last couple of years. I wouldn't have even bought the grill had I known UPS would be shipping it, that's how sore I am at them. I will never use them again, and I won't buy (knowingly) from anyone who does ship through them.

ups is horrible imo but read reviews on that griddle, the number one complaint is it comes damaged, so something is up with that? some say

its packaged poorly, what do you think it was all ups's fault? or a little of both?

the first thing it says on the bottle is rice im pretty sure? anyway i saw it on a youtube video i dont know tastes good

wth this was supposed to be a qoute from scarebelly? this new site sucks

no it doesnt say rice on it, oh well its good

Last edited:
According to UPS it will be packaged poorly, but you just cant bend a 1/8 inch or thicker griddle top by handling it well, nor can you break the neck off a perfectly good guitar without some serious handling flaws, no matter how well or poorly it is packaged.

I dont care for ups either but remeber where this unit came from. Assembled in china. It was loaded in to a truck then shipped to a wharehouse then unloaded into the wharehouse then loaded into a container, brought to the shipyard and put on a ship, took a nice boat ride, then unloded off the ship and sent to a wharehouse and unloaded into a wharehouse then loaded into a ups truck then a plane then back into a ups truck and brought to your house..... Phewwww........

congrats on the grill

Like to see some Q on your next outing

I dont care for ups either but remeber where this unit came from. Assembled in china. It was loaded in to a truck then shipped to a wharehouse then unloaded into the wharehouse then loaded into a container, brought to the shipyard and put on a ship, took a nice boat ride, then unloded off the ship and sent to a wharehouse and unloaded into a wharehouse then loaded into a ups truck then a plane then back into a ups truck and brought to your house..... Phewwww........

congrats on the grill

Like to see some Q on your next outing
I agree but hell wouldnt everything we get be damaged then? its all from China so im not sure thats the reason

I work for a rather large computer company and we receive quite a bit of stuff from China.  We us all sorts of precaustions and spend millions if not billions in packaging design to make things arrive at the customer in one piece and working. Having said all of this, we probably still receive (from china in to the distribution centers)approx 5% of out product in "DOA" packaging, of that 5% probably 50% the unit is damaged beyond repair.  So long story short you can spend all the money you want on great packaging, but you still will have 5% damaged product.  Doesnt sound like a lot, but consider this we ship about 8k every day just out of one plant in Indianapolis and just shipping locally still give about 2-3% damage and that's just the computers.... The other stuff well that's in the 20-30k everyday and I'm sure that Sam's / costco / Amazon and whover makes these grills probably doesnt spend the money in packaging engineering that a computer / electronics company would. 

Not sure why i went into all this detail, but what the heck :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky