Bad luck on Amazin pellets again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Rather than heat in the microwave, I find using a heat gun does the same thing, but without adding a separate step. In addition, you can get the chips really, really hot by using the lower setting on the heat gun. The chips won't light when using the lower setting, but as soon as you switch to the full setting, they light very quickly.

I've posted this before, but perhaps it will help to post it here again:

Last edited:
Rather than heat in the microwave, I find using a heat gun does the same thing, but without adding a separate step. In addition, you can get the chips really, really hot by using the lower setting on the heat gun. The chips won't light when using the lower setting, but as soon as you switch to the full setting, they light very quickly.

I've posted this before, but perhaps it will help to post it here again:

Using Heat Gun to Light A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker

The link will not open for me, at least on this device, but the concept seems great. Drying, igniting, and blowing all from one handy device!

Tabbed in.

The link will not open for me, at least on this device, but the concept seems great. Drying, igniting, and blowing all from one handy device!
I just tried it, on a different device than what I used to create it, and it worked fine. However, I realized that I created a simple URL link rather than a video link. I've gone back to my post and changed that, and it should probably work for you now.

Another tip...

I keep my previously oven dried pellets in quart canning jars so I don't have to zap them in the microwave or dry them in the smoker or oven.  

Whenever I get a new order of pellets, I dump them on a cookie sheet, pop them in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes, place them on the counter to cool (and dry), and jar them once the have cooled enough to be handled.

Since I have done the oven drying/canning jar storage method, I have had 100% success with A-MAZE-N pellets in my MES-40 2.5.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky