bacon?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
5 hours. This is cool. Good smoke from the tube. Out of curiosity, I laid a probe on rack by bacon. 62 degrees and good smoke.

Attachments

• 88EBF5B6-7635-4963-929F-BFC8B9FABE2E.jpeg
    88EBF5B6-7635-4963-929F-BFC8B9FABE2E.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 30
Guess it wasn’t O2. I lit with a lighter. Never got a good flame in tube. Lit second time with torch and smoke out of the chimney for over 45 minutes now. Lesson learned.

No pecans in Ky. I may tryna bag of chunks online. Not a fan of mesquite

I know what you mean. I got so burned out on mesquite over the years that I hardly use it anymore.
And when I do, I usualy blend it in with some hickory and cherry when smoking tri tips.

As indaswamp said above, definitely give pecan a try. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Big thanks to Disco and thanks to all of you. This new smoker will open a whole new world to me. Smoke on!

You will really like your Smokin It #2.
I am thinking if/when my Smoke Tronix ever kicks the bucket, a #3 wifi would be the next logical step.

Heat smoke took 2:30 minutes to hit 140 at 175. Used too much apple pellets for sure. Probably try apple chips next time.

Observations.... I probably need to clean my smoker. I've smoked 2 butts, 2 prime ribs, and two strip roasts without cleaning it. I pre-heated it to 175 before putting the bacon in, and it had steady smoke coming out of the chimney. No wood inside, so I assume that was creosote. 2 cups of pellets will burn a very long time in the amazin tube. That's what I put in for this heat smoke for the bacon. It's still going strong after 3 hours. I'm addicted to smoking now. This Smokin it unit is awesome.

Any tips on slicing? I don't have a slicer, so it will be with a filet knife. I'm assuming it will be easier to slice cold. Should I stick in freezer for a while to let it firm up prior to slicing?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky