Bacon Wrapped Meatball (aka Meatball Stuffed Pork Belly)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Cured pork belly with Pops Brine stuffed with my meatball mixture and smoked in my Pit Boss Copperhead 5. Lightly rubbed with Pitfaced Spicy rub and a little Legacy Edition Jack Daniels to chase it!

IMG_20190625_134738.jpg

The Jack is good... 43% compared to the normal 40% and it really tastes the same. That is bottle #1 and I believe that bottle #2 is coming out now.

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
Very nice work. I have never seen anything quite like that. Must have been tasty!

JC :emoji_cat:

Absolutely!

That looks great - is it an original idea? I can' remember ever seeing a stuffed pork belly.

Point for sure
Chris
I was inspired by something I saw on the food network years ago.. but the meatball mixture was my own idea.

Hot Damn!
Like!
Something innovative and unique.
Like others, this isn't something I recall seeing before, and that is very refreshing.
It well deserves a Carousel ride.

Looks wonderful, bet it tasted great too.
Great Cook!

Going on my list of things to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilo charlie
Hot Damn!
Like!
Something innovative and unique.
Like others, this isn't something I recall seeing before, and that is very refreshing.
It well deserved a Carousel ride.

Looks wonderful, bet it tasted great too.
Great Cook!

Going on my list of things to do.
It was amazing! I was worried the rub would on the outside of the belly would make it too salty, but it was just right (for me)!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky