Bacon Slicer???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
Does anyone have/use/recommend a bacon slicer?  There's a local place here that will do it, but they want $1 per pound to slice it.  I have been using my 10" slicer, but I want a more uniform and consistent product.

What slicer do you have....  a 10" knife ???.....    Most 10" meat slicers will do a great job... Partially freeze the belly and maybe try the serrated knife if you have one....   Or sharpen the blade....

Is your blade sharp? Some slicers dont have built in sharpeners and if yours doesn't your blade probably needs sharpening.
As mentioned above, put your bellies in the freezer for a hr or two before slicing.

Slicing bacon with my slicer isn't the problem.  I want to slice a whole belly at one time.  The butcher can do it but the machine is huge and not something one guy could do for the periodic bacon slab.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky