Bacon Peanut Brittle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
1 cup sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup

1/4 cup water

1 3/4 cups peanuts, shelled, roasted and unsalted

2 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and finely diced

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons butter

pinch of Kosher salt

DIRECTIONS

Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large skillet over high heat add sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir and allow mixture to come to a full boil (approximately 4-5 minutes). Stir in nuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until syrup becomes thick and honey colored –you will begin to smell the nuts cooking (approximately 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Working quickly, stir in butter and bacon. Keep stirring until butter has melted. Turn brittle out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of your spatula to spread mixture as thin as you would like. Sprinkle the top with Kosher salt. Allow the brittle to cool completely (approximately 20 minutes) and break by hand into large chunks. Store in air tight container.

That sounds delicious! Wish you had pics... Have to put this on my bucket list, Thanks
icon_lol.gif

hahahaha ...He called you Craig.

Waiting on the pics....

Dave

I think you misprinted the recipe.  Isn't that supposed to be 8  slices of bacon?? 
pot.gif
yahoo.gif

Last edited:
Here is the bacon brittle.

Makon bacon....HA

4fcd44c9_DSC00847.jpg

Got the sugars ready to boil.

0a36237d_DSC00849.jpg

Bacon ready.

7b4be89c_DSC00848.jpg

Added the pnuts and rest of the items

6571614e_DSC00850.jpg

Spread and let cool.

6c153f13_DSC00851.jpg

I am thinking some chipoltle chilies to spice things up a bit and this would be perfect for my household.

Nice job ! looks really good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky