1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon ~ Foamheart

Discussion in 'Bacon' started by foamheart, Jan 12, 2018.

1. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yall thought I forgot ya didn't ya? Well had some losses to deal with the last couple a weeks and so I have been slow. But let me show you some pictures.

IMG_8571.JPG

Removed from the brine and dried in the reefer for 3 days. then into the smoker. Apple and Corn Cob, my favorite. I have got to find somewhere to get better bellies. Those ate so thin I was ashamed to make bacon with 'em.

IMG_8585.JPG

After the first 6 hours, a little color. You can see where the A-MAZ-N oval was right under that piece of sow belly (bottom right). I cut the skin off then back in the reefer for two more days.

IMG_8595.JPG

Now another 6 hours making that pretty color on both sides (were we cut the skin off too). I have walked around all day smelling my hands....LOL

IMG_8598.JPG

I lost dome sow belly due to personal problems. I had a large piece put aside for burnt ends, a large piece for pancetta, and one for cracklin's....... <sighs> All spoiled.

Sorry for taking so long, couldn't be helped. Thank for looking in.

Rings Я Us likes this.
  2. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit

Sorry to hear of your losses Kevin.But your thin bacon looks good!:D

3. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hang in there my friend...

4. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Good to see you are back at it. Looks great that for sure is a full smoker. Sorry you lost some.

Warren

5. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Kevin Sorry to hear of your loss,keep the faith buddy
    Richie

6. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Nice! That was a bunch. More than I eat in a year. Old school point!

IMG_20180215_101607.png