Backyarder sponsored by the city of Ontario on 8-11

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lght

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Sunny Southern California
Just wanted to give a heads up to all the So Cal Smokers that the city of Ontario is having it's 2nd Annual "Best Backyrad BBQ Contest" on the 11th at Dorthy A. Quesada park.  It's being sponsored by Smart and Final again this year.

Last year was a great time and 9 teams competed.  This year should be even better as they are doing some local advertising.  It's a great way to prep for an official KCBS comp if your looking to compete and only cost $25 to enter.  I judged last year and the teams getting ready for KCBS really liked the LIVE FEEDBACK by the judges as it helped them adjust and here it directly from a CBJ.

Checkout the website for more info.

http://www.socalmeatup.com

There's still time to check this out and enter!  If you want to get into competition BBQ and don't know how your entry will stand up to the rest  - the live judging and instant feedback is so worth the time.  This is in a park so the area is beautiful and they put out some killer trophies last year.

Three of the teams that participated last year gained enough experience to get into the competitive side this year including Jerry A who is currently in 1st for Rookie of the Year in California.

If you have any questions or need some support, ask me - I'll help you out!

So how did this go guys? We had out of town guests and could not make it 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky