Back to square one

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SocalDon

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 19, 2021
Still trying to decide on a new Pellet smoker. My GMG still performing but want a forever top of the line grill. I thought I wanted a Yoder or maybe a Pitts and Spitts but then decided on the Lonestar Grillz 20x40. Talked to Chris and the wait time is better than 5 months and shipping is $550 just can’t justify waiting and spending better than $4,000 so back to the drawing board. Damn I really wanted that smoker too. And yes I looked hard at Rec Teq but feel I would be settling.

Reactions: JLeonard
I’m curious as to what about a Recteq you see as settling. Not many pellet smokers have a better reputation for quality and service.

Sorry don't want to step on toes but the Mak doesn't interest me at all. Don't like the design and it's too small.

Recteq has a very good reputation. You might also want to look at MAK, made in Oregon.
Recteq certainly has a fan club, and great digital marketing however I see it as a lateral move rather than a upgrade. Plus I think I would rather buy a American made products.

I like the Pitts and Spitts more than the Yoder but Wi-Fi is an afterthought for them and 1 damn meat probe what’s up with that? Wish the Lonestar controller was on the 1250

I feel like I’m posting my first controversial comment, and I don’t mean this as an insult, but I’ve never heard or read “forever” and pellet smoker in the same sentence? I am not judging, I’ve been using MES and Traeger for a while now, but to me forever means heirloom and I’m not sure even an original Yoder will be there for my grandchildren after they hit puberty. For a Resturaunt or catering business there is different calculus, but for a home cook there are some amazing pellet rigs that are well worth the money and will last…with care and maintenance and this is the best place to get guidance. Pick what you like, enjoy cooking on, and can afford! It sounds like you’re a little focused on some things that are not the most important, IMVHO, Wi-Fi should be an afterthought for a smoker after maintaining heat and, for a pellet smoker, reliable auger mech to feed pellets. Good luck! Curious which direction you go!

Reactions: TNJAKE and schlotz
I'm all for the lateral sideways move to the rectec while you're on your 5 month wait for the Pitts and Spitts! Give you something new to play with while waiting!
I know not much help...but have heard we are good at helping others spend their money! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

The issue I have with Made in America is that I doubt 100% of the product is made in the USA from materials from the USA.
Agreed. I find it hard to believe anything is 100% American made. If it were we wouldn’t be having supply chain issues...maybe…. Not trying to start up something off topic but.

Agreed. I find it hard to believe anything is 100% American made. If it were we wouldn’t be having supply chain issues...maybe…. Not trying to start up something off topic but.

"Made in the USA
MAK Grills are truly “Made in America.” In fact, in July of 2013 we became the first—and to this day only pellet grill manufacturer—to be in the Made in the USA Hall of Fame!

This is a fundamental part of who we are and will never change.

Many former “made in America” brands have moved manufacturing offshore. Others import materials and components but assemble them here so they can still make the claim. In doing so, they often sacrifice reliable quality standards. If you’re charged the cost of American parts and manufacturing, you should be able to expect the benefits they bring, without worrying about delays in production and gaps in supply lines due to viral pandemics.

Our grills aren’t just assembled here. We domestically source our materials, many from right here in Oregon. Components like our auger, auger motor, and K-Style Industrial Thermocouple Meat Probes are made in the USA to our exact specifications. Our Pellet Boss Controller is designed, tested, and built within driving distance of our shop in Dallas, Oregon, where all of our grills are made. Even our hats are fully made in the USA by a veteran-friendly company that also manufactures caps for branches of the United States armed forces.

It’s something we take seriously. As a small business in a small community we know how important it is to preserve American manufacturing and gainful employment opportunities. As a precision sheet metal manufacturer that is very proud of our product, we refuse to compromise quality by outsourcing. That’s why we were Made in the USA Certified in 2011."

Even the hex key set they send to assemble the grill says "Made in the USA"

Here is another American made pellet smoker:

Reactions: Apparition
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky