Back in the Saddle Again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mulepackin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2007
Central Montana
Well just spent the last two days horseback, working cows on the ranch. First significant amount of time I've ridden since getting bucked off last spring and busting the wrists. Today, I even spent about half the day on the one which hurt me. Everything went well. It really is good to be "back in the saddle". I've got about 5 days of riding and stock work coming up the end of this week, so this was a good shakedown. Then elk hunting.

Really glad to hear that Mule!! Glad to hear you're healed up and back in the saddle.
cool.gif

Glad to hear you got healed up ok. The only horse I have left is a '97 Dodge 4WD.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good your healed back up. Every time I am out at my folks and get on a horse anymore I am sore for days. I get muscles stretched that aren't use to riding anymore.

Me too, the older we get, the harder the ground gets.
eek.gif
I suppose your elk hunting is in the "Bob"? I haven't been up there in 20 some years.
icon_sad.gif
Anyway, best of luck to you!

If ya need help on that elk hunt let me know. I will come up and assist you. No horses. Only gas powered horses for me. LOL. Glad ur "back in the saddle". Been trying to get there all my life.

great news Mule. Glad to hear that your recovery is complete! Good luck on the hunt!
cool.gif

Yessir, the high point of my year is getting back in there! Took hay up yesterday, ton and a half cost $264
eek.gif
. I about choked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky