Back Again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Went to the cardiologist yesterday, having the TAVR https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pr...r-aortic-valve-replacement/about/pac-20384698 procedure Wednesday, June 26th. Two choices: 1) high risk of having another stroke during the procedure or 2) sudden death from a failed aortic valve if not replaced. Whoopie, great choices. But, my fault entirely. YAWYE - You Are What You Eat.
May not make it through the procedure. If I do, could be a slobbering stroke-head requiring 24/7 care. Or, could pull through just fine. Those are my choices. Warning to all, put down those ribs and get some grill mats and cook fish! Had a salmon fillet last night.What can I say?

My best to you Pops---Be praying for you!

You should be good, as long as your Dr's name isn't "Combs", and he didn't move from Lehigh Valley to Texas. :emoji_angry:

Bear

We are with you all the way Pop's. In good hands, Mayo clinic 1 of the best in the land.
Prayers for you...

Spent the entire day at different dr's offices: 8:30 neurologist, 1pm cardiologist for a carotid doppler, 2:30 pm PCP for wound care *(ulcer on the back of my ankle, he sent me to a medical supply house for a pair of compression socks, (they are like the RadioShack of Disability Aids!) then finally home.
Going in for a Carotid Stent overnight next Tuesday June 18, to minimize further chance of strokes, then the TAVR on Wednesday, June 26, 3-5 day stay. Hopefully, that will be the end of it.

Pops.. your a strong man.. keep being strong and positive.. it's gonna be a fight but one that we all know you can win.. prayers are with you and the family ... see ya soon ...

Got out of the Skilled Nursing facility this morning, back home, hopefully for good now. When I got released from having the TAVR, I came home and had another heart attack that evening, they had to shock me back alive with the paddles in the ambulance, then I had to have another procedure done, then a different device implanted, a defibrillator plus the pacemaker, and had to recover from those, then rehab in the Skilled Nursing Facility for 3 weeks. Been an ordeal; the doctors call me the Bionic Man.

It's GREAT to have you back... and I'll agree with the Dr's... Bionic Man you are... Told ya ya can't keep a good man down...

Glad all our prayers worked for ya... and we're gonna keep praying

Glad you're back with us Pops!
images (3).jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky