Babyback Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lookwow

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Menasha WI
So made a few racks. Made a noob mistake and thought the membrane was off but wasn't. And on top of that my wife needed me to run with her and i got started late and people wanted to eat so i pulled them an hour before i would of liked.. Smoked them at 225-230 for about 3/12 hours and then put some bbq sauce on it them for about an hour. They where moist and tasted great I just would of liked them more fall off the bone.

1242a327_DSCN0642.jpg

Best part about BBQ is even the mistakes can taste good.  Those look like a winner from here in Texas. 

Hey--They tasted good---That's the biggest thing!

Next time they'll be more tender---Gives you something to look forward to.

If you were perfect, you wouldn't fit in with the rest of us!

Bear

Looks good but like you said they weren't in there long enough to get them super tender. Oh well next time they will be even better. One thing I learned is I always plan extra time because stuff like that always pops up when you are smoking. I usually plan a couple of extra hours and then just put the meat in double foil in the cooler with towels and keep it warm until its time to eat. There is nothing worse than having hungry people wanting to eat and the food isn't ready yet.

Those look tasty from here. Look at it this way, you still get to eat your mistakes

They sure look good to me. If you want fall off the bone ribs try the 3-2-1 method for spares. 2-2-1 for bb's. For bb's that's 2 hours in smoke, 2 hours foiled in the smoker with some juice ( apple juice or beer work good ), then 1 hour unfoiled in the smoker. 

And on top of that my wife needed me to run with her   
 You need to tactfully say, "But honey, I'm smoking ribs today" . She should understand the gravity of that statement and leave you to your business.. Good lookin ribs..

And on top of that my wife needed me to run with her   
 You need to tactfully say, "But honey, I'm smoking ribs today" . She should understand the gravity of that statement and leave you to your business.. Good lookin ribs..
Well she tricked me. She said want to go to Red Lobster for Lunch with my friends. I couldnt pass up those biskets and lobster tail.

As a side note. I took the leftovers ripped off the membrane and foiled them with just a little bit of whiskey and put them in a 250 oven for a little over an hour. Now those where the ribs i would of had if i had more time. Just a little tub and perfect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky