baby brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dsls90

Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Illinois
getting ready to do my first brisket on my new pit boss. every thing i see is for a 10-15 pounder. Mine is just 2.5 lbs. Any and all advice will be helpful

Reactions: JC in GB
getting ready to do my first brisket on my new pit boss. every thing i see is for a 10-15 pounder. Mine is just 2.5 lbs. Any and all advice will be helpful

Those 10 - 15 pounders are full packers which have the flat and point connected. 2.5 pounds seems a bit light for a flat. Do you know if this is the flat or point?

Cook is the same as with a regular brisket just the times will vary.

Are you going to wrap the brisket at stall?

In either case, keep a probe in the center of the meat and start proving it at 190. Pull it off when the probe goes through the meat with very little resistance. Usually over 205 is overdone IMHO.

Happy smoking.

JC

flavor was good with a nice smoke ring but tough as hell. I tried a second one took off at 180. still tough

Let's hear what smoker you used and the process you followed. I'm sure someone will be able to point you towards a successful outcome.

flavor was good with a nice smoke ring but tough as hell. I tried a second one took off at 180. still tough

Sounds like it was severally under-cooked. At 180* your not even into probing territory. With the next one only use time/temp as a guide. When you hit 190* start probing the brisket in the thickest part. It should go in effortlessly. BTW those small flats can be the most difficult to smoke tender.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky