baby backs Smoked w/Hickory on a Bubba Smoker--- QView of Course!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
I smoked 3 slabs of baby backs at about 245* for 3.5 hours. The rub is a secret from a salesman that I know, he will not tell me the ingredients, darn!!!
edb326d5_006.jpg
8da6e742_007.jpg
57533c5a_011.jpg
a88d667e_017.jpg
515349a3_008.jpg
f95406bf_009.jpg

Those are some nice looking baby backs. 3 1/2 hours seems a little short on time. How were they? They look great.
It was more like 4 hours and they were a bit overdone, They just fell off the bone when I took a bite and when I was slicing them up like in the last pic (clean bone). Normally, I would smoke at 225* or lower. Butt I am practicing on the new smoker and I had chix thighs in the rib box, hence higher heat.

I love practicing on a new smoker!!!

Most baby backs seem to follow a 2-2-1 in hours. I like more like 4 1/2 hours total. Never saw them get overdone with that time. Are you sure about your smoker temps? Are you monitoring it with anything more that the gauge that came with the smoker? They are notorious for being inaccurate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky