Baby backs for the second smoke of the weekend!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miller51

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 26, 2014
Just north of Pittsburgh
Dinner with the future in laws and decide to smoke some ribs. Last time they came over, they mentioned how much they loved ribs, and I thought oh... I can do me some ribs. Pretty basic rub SPOG, chili, cumin, lt brown sugar, and some cayenne for some heat. Refrigerate overnight to soak in that flavor, in the Kamado this morning at 230* and off we go.
20190316_195417.jpg

20190317_100450.jpg

20190317_104426.jpg

Little breakfast plate while i'm getting started homemade corn beef hash and eggs for St. Patty's day
20190317_100550.jpg

20190317_112802.jpg

Going 2-1-1, then re-foil for the trip to dinner. (Don't typically foil anymore with ribs, but I know they're going to sit a little and that will mean dry ribs and that just won't do)
Spritzed after the first hr with some soda, apple cider vinegar, some of my rub, lt brown sugar, worchestire, and water.
20190317_121435.jpg

Temps running a little higher than I'd like when I foiled (176*), almost don't need the foils, but I want that moisture, butter, brown sugar, and rub that's laying on the foil.
20190317_131340.jpg
20190317_131646.jpg

Here they are out of the foil, little sauce and a little more time on the grill to tighten everything back out and then off to dinner...Enjoy
20190317_143609.jpg

I bet you will have some happy eaters for dinner!!
Al

Mmm, looks fantastic. Looks like a good way to get in good the future in-laws.

Thanks guys, they came out way better than I thought they were going to be. The meat didn't really draw back on the bone like I'm used to so i was a little nervous they were going to be tough. Ended up wrapping them back up for the trip and to hopefully tenderize a bit better and since they actually finished early, i put them in the grill that was still holding temp at about 210* for 40 minutes to keep them warm and maybe push them a shade further.

They actually came out competition style with perfect bite from the bone and super juicy. Not sure I could ever duplicate the cook since it didn't go as planned or even close, but can't argue with the results.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
Nice job on those ribs, they look delicious, and not all ribs have pull-back when they're done.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky