Baby And The Big Rib Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
So why not join in on this Saturday and cook some ribs. Had a taste for these bad boys for a while now. First is the baby back ribs. Wife enjoys these the best. I like them to but crap. This day I want to go caveman on some meat. What a better piece then some big ole spare ribs. So let's get on with the guest's. On the baby back I used a basic SPOG rub plus the left over from my normal rub that's a blend of spices. On one of the spare ribs I used my homemade rub. On the other a store bought brand Bourbon/Brown Sugar rub.
3-2-1 - 3-2-2 - etc. I say I cook them till their done ribs. Final time depends on the meat. Not time. Why rush it! So these were started the night before removing the membrane and putting on the rub. Placed in fridge over night. Late start in the morning. Fired up the stick burner and off and running.
20220618_115428.jpg
20220618_115737.jpg
20220618_115757.jpg

Running temp at around 235°f.

Yeah. Been a long while since I did anything. Thanks guys for the replies.

I think we all will be doing full spares soon, cause the prices will keep rising & it will be the economical way to go. The very first thing I ever smoked was a full rack of spares, and I guess it may be the last thing too!
Al

Reactions: lovethemeats
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky