• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Babies...

captsly

StickBurners
Joined Feb 12, 2010
Doing some baby backs for a little get together at some friends house tomorrow. This will be my first time with baby backs. I have always smoked spares out of preference and thats all they allow in comps here in Texas. So that said they are rubbed down (with Jeff's rub) and resting in the fridge. I will be smoking them tomorrow along with a brisket and and some moink balls. 225 with some hicory and the amazin smoker and going to do the old 2-2-1 and see what that does for me!!

Cleaned up and membrane removed...

Rubbed down and ready for the fridge for the nite.

More to come tomorrow.....

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks good. 2-2-1 should do you good. I use 2-1.5-.75

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Your ribs look good so far. Now I would recommend that you smoke them using the 2-2-1 method and then change it to your liking. I have changed it to something like Brian because I like a little pull to my ribs. In fact I do my ribs the same way the Brian likes his. I think he copied me........LOL

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I agree use 2-2-1 then next time adjust. That way you have a base to work from and well to tell you the truth 2-2-1 is good

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I agree I would stick with the 2-2-1 or do some each way and see what you like the best. I stick right on the 2-2-1 and we love them that way.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.