B-View, Fatty, Spell Check Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Aspen Valley
I have some rookie questions..

What is "Sticky" under the meat forum categories?

What is a "Fatty"? Is that the pile of meat wrapped in bacon?

What is TBS?

Bear-View? I understand it's a close up pic but where'd the name come from? BearCarver?

Lastly, My spell check doesn't work. I'm sure it has something to do with being on a mac 10.5.8 and Firefox Browser 10.0.  When I right click a word that's misspelled (red underline w/dots) a menu comes up but it just says "Paste".

I think that's it for now! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey ThoseGuys

A sticky is a post that doesn't get 'demoted' down the listing chain as newer posts come into a thread.  It always stays at the top of the thread as if it were 'stuck' to the top.

A fatty is a stuffed sausage roll usually wrapped with weaved bacon.  The filling can be anything you like. 

TBS is Thin Blue Smoke.  It's the 'good' smoke we want coming out of our smokers, not the billowing white stuff that is full of nasty volatiles like creosote.

I do believe Bear View came from Bear Carver but on that one, I'm not 100% sure so I'll defer to other members for that one.

Can't help with the spell check problem on a Mac... Sorry.

-Salt

Last edited:
Does the moderator / admin choose what posts go into the sticky section?  There's 10 posts in the beef sticky, why those 10? Just trying to understand the site better.

Yes moderators and admins control what threads are in the Sticky Section. We try to keep it to threads we think everybody should see or something that has proved to be a good resource for people and by making it a Sticky it's easier to find

Last edited:
Is there a way to upload multiple pictures at once? It's sorta a pain to load one by one...because I take a lot of pics with my tutorials. THanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky