B, B and P ( Brats, Breakfast sausage and Polish Sausage)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WI Smoker77

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
Local grocery had some pork butts on sale last week. $1.49/lb. Less than what they have been, so decided to make some sausage for the family
Bought 2 butts and trimmed them out, ended up with around 21 lbs. trimmed.
IMG_20220228_203955402.jpg
Tried something different this time. 1X grind using a 3/8" plate, wanted to try a coarse textured sausage

IMG_20220301_143556124.jpg

Used a Polish Sausage mix from PS Seasonings, (which I had some left from previous endeavors), and the Sheboygan Brat seasoning from them also.
Had to 'embelish' the Brat seasoning a little, due to not having enough spices left from previous use. The flavor profile after came out very well imho.
The breakfast sausage seasoning I make from scratch.. Mixed and stuffed the Polish and Brats and linked. Breakfast left in bulk form to package in 1 lb amounts.
Total amounts were 7.5lb brats, 7.5lb of Polish and 5.5lbs of breakfast. Very happy with the flavor and the coarser texture does seem to have a little more 'meat' to the chew.
Sorry no 'money shots' on the fry test, too busy eating it!!!

IMG_20220301_161700789_HDR.jpg IMG_20220301_162652726.jpg IMG_20220301_185554628.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_203955402.jpg
    IMG_20220228_203955402.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 17
Nice batch of sausage,
So did the package spices have cure and are you smoking them or fresh freeze

David
These are fresh sausage and I did not smoke them so I did not use cure, and the spices did not have any in them.

Looks great. I can almost smell them!
I'm a fan of coarser grinds as well. When you mix it gets broken down anyway.
What sort of casings is that? It's hard to tell but doesn't look like natural hog.

Looking real good!
You ought to be stocked up for a while!
Al
Yes should have plenty, although with three grown 'kids' and their significant others, it seems to go very quickly !!!
Looks great. I can almost smell them!
I'm a fan of coarser grinds as well. When you mix it gets broken down anyway.
What sort of casings is that? It's hard to tell but doesn't look like natural hog.
You are correct , they are not natural casings unfortunately. I had some casings in the refridgerator, and when I opened them was not confident in there 'freshness', so opted to use collagen cases this time. My wife prefers them anyway, although I'd rather do natural.
Thanks all for the good comments everyone !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky