Average Smoke time for Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

octane2009

Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Indiana
I am trying to make smoked Kielbasa sausage. I has been on the MES40 since 12:00 pm today and now it is 8:45 pm and is still only 145 Deg  IT.??????????????? 
th_crybaby2.gif

What is the temp of the smoker?

When I am doing it I usually go over several hours. I start the smoker at 100 then increase every hour by 10 degrees until I get to 170 then I wait for the sausage to rise. Depending on how thick the sausage is it can take 10+ hours.

Pictures?

I have 2 more degrees I put a good thermometer in the top of the MES40 and it was about 12deg off I bumped it to 183 and thigs are looking much better. the sausage casings are I belive 35mm. Will take pics shortly and post.

They look good.

What kind of casings did you use? Dry Packed?

Also did you put them into a water bath when done?

Also let them bloom over night and try them tomorrow. They will be much better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky