• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
John,

My SmokeTronix has a grease catch tray too. But since I keep it stored and covered in the shed, it is pretty much protected from mice and rats. Or maybe I've just been lucky this time around.
We do have a problem with pack rats down here and most people I know use the poison pellets. We don't use the poison pellets because of our cats and dog. Every once in while a rat will find its way into our screened in patio where the cats hang out. The dog is a four legged Hoover who eats anything she finds. We're just taking precautions to not accidently poison our pets.

Does Mrs. Bear know about the mice getting into your MES?

Yes Mrs Bear knows about the nest that was in my Grill, and the Mice that were in the grease drawer, but she's just about Pure Country Gal, raised with an older Brother & Younger Brother, who were both big on Hunting & Fishing, just like My Family. Mice don't bother her a bit. She wasn't crazy about the mouse droppings in the drawers in our kitchen, when We lived in Military Housing at Schofield Barracks, in Hawaii, but the mice themselves didn't bother her.

We have a bigger problem with mice here than we ever had. Until I got rid of my 2008 Dodge Ram, Mice were building regular cities in the Air Cleaner Box all the time. I wasn't driving much, because of my health, so my Truck just sat there for months at a time. You could open the hood, and smell the Mouse pzzzz, and track it right to the air cleaner box.
Mrs Bear's Outlander had some Sensor chewed off, in the garage, that cost us over $400 to replace (almost All Labor, because of where it was), however we're not sure if that one was Mice or a Chipmunk.

We have Zero mice in the house, because when they were building this Log House, I was here every day, keeping an eye on things, and while I was sealing up around the Wiring & plumbing with Fireproof Caulk, I went ahead & sealed any possible pass-thru for Mice, before they closed up the walls, with that same Red Caulk.
So far our Kitty has nobody to play with!!! That's been 19 years since We built this place.

Bear Jr gets Mice in his house, down the driveway from here, but he has My Kitty's brothers "Cheech & Chong" living at his house. He can't use Poison, but those 2 cats get any mice that show up, real quick.

Bear

mine is pretty simple. 28 yrs ago i went to work at local factory. nicknames were fairly common so charlie brown stuck due to the size of my punkin and most hats are on the last snaps. as i moved up one of my coworkers latched on to fathead and then the online stuff come onto the scene and i just swapped the f for a p.

BandCollector BandCollector AWESOME post. Feel like I know a little more about a lot of you. Mines pretty boring just first initial J for Jeff and first 3 of my last name. The 3 2’s and the user name in general date way back to my first email address which was on AOL. I’ve used it on countless forums, email addy’s, fans ID’s and more. The avatar is my 270 Cabinet smoker.

Got my nickname back in high school. My last name starts Fur. My brother was 2 two years older than me and everyone called him Fur. He was about 5'10 at the time, I was 6'5, hence Bigfur and the MN just added since I'm from Minnesota. My aviator is from my wife and I visiting Maui brewing in Hawaii. Imperial coconut stout.

Wurstmeister came as a compliment from a friend from Augsburg when we were making homemade sausage at his brother's German resturant in Evans Georgia. Trust me, I am NOT a "meister" at anything except eating wurst, drinking beer, more wurst, beer....you get the picture. Been brewing and making sausage for about 25 +/- years, but, still learning. If you were ever in Munich, you should recognize Aloisius, the misplaced beer drinker from Heaven at the Hofbräuhaus München . If interested, here is a link to a You Tube video telling the story of Aloisius. It is in German, but, the video should be self explanatory. PROST! 🍻

While doing some searching here, I came across this thread and thought it was interesting to read. Because there are a lot of new members here since the last post and I never replied to it, I thought I'd resurrect it.

Mine username is pretty easy, as long as I'm capable, I'm Gonna Smoke.
My avatar is my Springer/Boykin mix, Lucy. She is "my dog" and I'm "her person"...

In all the years I have been a member, I have chuckled at some of the usernames and avatars that accompany them.

Some are self explanatory, but others are a bit of a mystery as to what they mean or represent.

I thought it would be fun to post your avatar and username with a brief explanation of what it means .

Mine is BandCollector BandCollector .

I have been an avid Canada goose hunter for the past 50 years and have been lucky enough to collect leg bands (used to monitor the migration of the geese) in Pennsylvania, Missouri, Virginia, Maryland, and Canada. I recently gave up hunting because my best friend and lifelong hunting buddy developed rheumatoid arthritis and is unable to walk well enough to get into the field.

So, What's Yours?

John
Family traces back to the Black Forest in Germany - Schwarzwald, and I am into hobby butchering - Metzger. My avatar, completely unrelated from my name, is my Mastweiler - Mastiff Rottweiler mix named Inde... He passed away a few years back, but was favorite dog.

Brad

At family reunions, ‘Robert’ (or some variant) was common. At one reunion someone yelled, “Hey Robert” and several heads snapped around. “No, I meant Maude’s Robert ( meaning me)”. Not wanting that moniker to stick, I went by my middle name ever since.
Pic is me “tendin ma fars”. (hey, maybe I shoulda got a pic of Old Man Crenshaw?😉)

Yeah, I know, Boooooring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky