Auber 1510ELPM - 1st tests

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
I received it yesterday, unboxed it, and of course I had to leave it on my desk so I could give it the side-eye for at LEAST a day. :emoji_unamused:

Decided today that I'd go ahead and hook it up to Big Chief BEFORE I change out the element basically to get a feel for how it works...I am THOROUGHLY impressed with this thing!!!

I printed out the PID sticky, hooked up the PID, set it (c1/t1 only...zeroed out c2/t2 - c6/t6) starting at 100F and then manually walked it up to 150F (where it is currently) after each temp stabilized and ran for about an hour.

I did not change any of the PID (#166) settings, but the temp never went more than 1F over or 3-5F under the temp settings and then only briefly.

I then added my ThermoPro probe to the cabinet about halfway between top/bottom and above the Auber probe (which is about 5" above the element) and THAT probe is consistently bouncing between 145 - 150F.

Did I mention how impressed I was???

Yes, I think I did!

I'm gonna try for 165F in Big Chief and see what happens as that's the stated max temp of the smoker (not holding out a lot of hope for that...it's not freezing cold, but it is pretty cool on my back porch and it's getting late in the day...we'll see).

So I guess tomorrow is the day I get to see if I can swap these burners out. I have the hot plate broke down and took pics of the wiring before/during/after, soooo...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to tallbm and chopsaw for their easy-to-follow instructions...the Auber manual is a bit above my level of techno-speak!

Will update when it's done...hopefully, I won't trash BC or the hotplate!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to tallbm and chopsaw for their easy-to-follow instructions...the Auber manual is a bit above my level of techno-speak!
Thanks for the mention . I really do appreciate it . If it's working as is , just leave it be and enjoy . Anytime you have a question feel free to ask .

Reactions: SherryT
LOL! I think I'm past my latest bout of gottahaveitosis!
What? Did you quit reading the posts on here to get over that? I keep thinking I'm strong enough to give in to the temptation, and those that will not be named posts a new gadget that screams "Dave, you need to buy that". We all need to have a "Ban Amazon" day and see how fast Amazon calls the mods on here. HA!

Reactions: SherryT
glad your tests are coming in good for you!! never say never about having to get something to add to the fun........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky