Atomic Bread in Jars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Atomic bread is said to last up to a year stored in sealed jars.
I have seen this made several different ways on Youtube. I came across this one video of a Ukrainian women making it. I thought I would gather all the ingredients which there are a lot of that I did not have and give it a go.
The video voice is in Ukraine but it is subbed in English and very easy to follow.

Here is the list I used from the video:
400 gms. of white or mixed canned beans
200 gms. of oatmeal
50 gms. of flax seeds
50 gms. of pumpkin seeds
50 gms. of sunflower seeds
20 gms. of whose seeds (chia seeds)
20 gms. of psyllium flakes
1 teaspoon of salt
150 gms. of mixed nuts
170 ml. of water
20 ml of oil (I used peanut oil)
Combine everything by hand
Use wide mouth mason jars so bread will come out when needed
coat the inside of the jars with cooking oil
pack the jars with the mix making sure to remove the air as much as possible.
One thing I will mention do not over fill as it will expand some while baking. (don't ask how I know)
Coat the top of the mix with cooking oil before baking.
Remove oven rack while pre-heating oven. Do not want to put cold jars on a hot rack as they may break.
Bake at 200°C\392°F for 70 minutes.

I found it tasted very bland and could use something to sweeten it up some like maybe adding honey to the mix but it sure would keep you going if you needed a meal to survive.
euFUUcq.jpg

acN6x9O.jpg

MIH7MFY.jpg

Watch the video for more info

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky