Aspin Wood??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timsnewatsmokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Aztec NM
I looked on that on that one post on witch woods to use and not use but didn't see Aspin.

can u use Aspin to smoke? Thanks Tim

Aspen is not classified as a hardwood or fruitwood so I wouldn't use it for anything than wood for the fireplace.

Aspen is not classified as a hardwood or fruitwood so I wouldn't use it for anything than wood for the fireplace.
Ok, I have used it to clean my smoker with instead of my good wood, because I have a lot of aspin. is that ok?

If you are burning out a smoker to reseason it or burning the lining out of an old 55 gallon drum to build an UDS, I'd say go with it and leave the good stuff for cooking with. . . I have a buddy the uses busted up pallets to burn out his drums for UDS's and those for the most part a made from pine.

ok Thanks guys didn't want to poison anyone
pot.gif

After many years of heating with wood, I can say aspen burns slow and cold. Not much heat and hard to keep going. I actually regulated fire temperatures with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky