AS SEEN ON TV - GOTHAM COPPER FRYING PAN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, I have always been skeptical of all this As Seen on TV stuff. Our old Teflon pan for frying bacon, eggs and such had seen it's best years so I decided to buy another pan. I was in Walmart looking for a pan and ran across the Gotham Copper pan. For $19.95 what have I got to lose. I bought one. This morning it was time to put to it the test. Cooked my favorite breakfast. Bacon, scrambled egg and cheese sandwich. Heavy on the bacon and cheese and extra heavy on the Duke's mayonnaise . I'll be dang! Works just like they say on TV. Egg and cheese slid right out on the plate with no help from the spatula. Folks, the copper pan is the real deal.

GOTHAM COPPER PAN.jpg

Love the long handle. It remains cool.

BACON SANDWICH.jpg

Piled high.

We've been looking at those Gotham Copper pans too. We currently have a 12" Blue Diamond pan but need a smaller pan as well.

We had a set of the Copper Chef pots/pans for a couple years.
They do work as advertised, As Seen on TV and all that hype.
They work very well as long as you take very good care of them and heed all manufacturers warnings/restrictions.

But they don't hold up to any abuse, and since their use/care wasn't restricted I recently had to trash a couple pieces, and another piece isn't going to last through the year.

I may replace them as they're not expensive and I like them for certain things.

To replace them for general usage I bought a set of Calphalon Premier non-stick frying pans, which are excellent too.

Last edited:
I was watching the infomercial the other night and thought of ordering, two for $19.95, fee shipping. Hard to go wrong, then the wife said we have enough pots and pans. RAY

We have two copper pans, I do like them for the most part. Sometimes, they feel too slick. I've broken over-easy eggs chasing them around in the pan trying to flip them.

We had a set of the Copper Chef pots/pans for a couple years.
They do work as advertised, As Seen on TV and all that hype.
They work very well as long as you take very good care of them and heed all manufacturers warnings/restrictions.

But they don't hold up to any abuse, and since their use/care wasn't restricted I recently had to trash a couple pieces, and another piece isn't going to last through the year.

I may replace them as they're not expensive and I like them for certain things.

To replace them for general usage I bought a set of Calphalon Premier non-stick frying pans, which are excellent too.
I will heed the advice. I'm fairly easy on my stuff though.

We've got three and use them often. No complaints and seem to work as advertised.

Chris

....Sometimes, they feel too slick. I've broken over-easy eggs chasing them around in the pan trying to flip them.

Learn to flip them.
I have a pan that is easy to flip, and haven't used a spatula on an egg for a long time with that pan.
It is very easy with a very slick pan.

Hawging It, I'll have to agree with you on the cast iron. Ma Dutch bought one of the new fangled non-stick fry pans as some of our old Teflon coated pans were starting to peel. It does ok- not as nice as my ceramic coated 12 and 8 inch pans but I still prefer using my cast iron over the othertwo sets.

Hawging It, I'll have to agree with you on the cast iron. Ma Dutch bought one of the new fangled non-stick fry pans as some of our old Teflon coated pans were starting to peel. It does ok- not as nice as my ceramic coated 12 and 8 inch pans but I still prefer using my cast iron over the othertwo sets.
Love my cast iron. Can be past down from generation to generation. That's how I got mine.

I was impressed. Happy with the skillet. I am going to get different sizes. They will never replace my old cast iron stuff though.

I have a set of Revere ware stainless steel pans that I use for most everything. I got them back in 85 as a wedding present. Although I like and am happy with the copper. They won't replace my stainless. Once I learned how to cook on the stainless I've never looked back.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky