are pellet smokers don't last for a long time?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LOL.
I've owned Ford in the past and currently own two.
The older ones were easy to work on. I can't say that for the newer Fords.

Sorry for the Hijack , ahead of time, but you guys will love this "Bear Story"
I kinda owned one Ford in my life for short while:
My Big Brother bought a 57 Ford from an old guy (our neighbor) who smoked a pipe in it for 8 years. It had 4 brand new tires on it & seat covers since it was new, but the whole interior was Yellowish Brown from Pipe-smoke. My Brother paid $75 for it, and he ran half of the rubber off the tires in a couple months & he burned a hole in the front seat with a spotlight. Then he went to Vietnam 4 years before I did, so he gave it to me, saying if I could get more than $75 for it he'd split the profit with me. So I cleaned the whole interior with a toothbrush, put the seat cover back on, and finished running the rubber off the tires. Then I sold it to a Buddy of my Brother's for $225. I just kept $50, and gave my Brother the rest, when he came home from 'Nam, before I left to replace him.

BTW: The last we heard about that 57 Ford was it was used as the getaway car in a hold-up in DC, and the guy I sold it to went to the Slammer.

Bear

Also pretty much every part on a pellet smoker or grill can be replaced by a somewhat handy user/owner. There are even companies who market digital PID controllers to replace the stock ones. Other than the controller, it's basically 2 motors and a small electric heating element.

Also it's like anything else. Take care of it and it will last. If you don't clean the ashes out, and don't clean the grease or take measures to prevent grease from accumulating in the first place, you will probably have issues. Also if you leave it out exposed to the rain those pellets will expand and set up like concrete once they get wet.

I've had my Copperhead 5 for about 6 months now. It lives on a covered porch but does not have a cover on the smoker. No issues at all so far with mine. But I take very good care of it.

Reactions: justmattb
i've heard they go bad fast becasue the companies want you to buy a new one.
is this true?

The same thing applies to pellet grills as just about anything else you buy. The quality of the equipment that you buy and how well you take care of it will determine out long something will last. Really just depends on what you're looking to get out of it. If you want something that is going to last for many years, you're going to want something that is made out of quality materials that will stand up to the test of time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky