• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Applewood spice spatchcock chicken

lifted smoke

Joined Jul 4, 2017

First time smoking spatchcocked chicken. Have only done peices of the bird so I'm excited to see how the whole thing turns out! Put on a rub of a mix of applewood spice from a local farmers market and some extra salt pepper and sugar, rub went on under the skin and a bit on top as well! Will post more pics later

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016
Looks like that is going to make a nice dinner....

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Smoke , hello! Welcome to my coop.
Your start looks good . Would love to see more, don't forget!
Got my eye on you...[emoji]128520[/emoji]

lifted smoke

Joined Jul 4, 2017
Chicken turned out excellent! The one on the left of the smoker was glazed with honey mustard sauce and the one on the right was glazed with maple chipotle. Sorry one chicken is left out of the finished pic but my family was starving so I had to get to cutting it up. I flipped two legs over and crisped up the skin a bit but the sauce started burning pretty quick so I pulled them but all in all everything turned out excellent!

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Joined Jul 3, 2017
:drool:

Ok.. points! [emoji]129411[/emoji] not bad at all!

Last edited:

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Joined Jul 3, 2017
Wonder why it's not just called butterflied whole chicken? I been doing it cut like that forever, just take the back off and it's butterflied open. We always said butterflied or whatever.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
The chickens look delicious!

Great looking meal!

Point!

Al

lifted smoke

Joined Jul 4, 2017
Thank you everyone! the feedback is greatly appreciated! My family says everything I smoke is good so I can't trust them anymore hahaha, I feed stuff to my friends if I want real feedback nowadays

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.