Apple Smoked Meat Loaf Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Howdy folks,

The weather here is still very wintery. I got a shipment of apple chunks from Nature's Own Online this week. http://www.naturesownonline.com/shop/

I decided that a little meat loaf was in order. The meatloaf mix has 2 lbs of 80% gr beef, 1 egg, 1 packet onion soup mix, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup water, and enough bread crumbs to make a loaf. I smoked at 225F with apples chunks. The baste is a piquant sauce of ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, and nutmeg thinned with a little of my apple juice and bourbon spray. I basted a couple times after the temp of the loaf got over 110F.

Here is a sample of what the yard looks like.

ml34071po9.jpg

Loaf in the smoker.

ml34072zb6.jpg

Finished loaf with Mac and Cheese

ml34073ca3.jpg

Sliced loaf

ml34074uv6.jpg

Plated with My Mac and Cheese

ml34075fj7.jpg

Take care, have fun, and do good!!

Regards,

Meowey

man that's thing sure looks tasty gonna have to try my luck at a couple or three of them

Meowey, what a great looking meal. Those slices of meat loaf just take me back to the last smoked meat loaf i had and to those great sandwiches i could't wait for. After seeing your great photos guess when i head to the store shortly i'll have to pick up some more ground beef to fix me another meat loaf. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Bill

Meowey, that looks absolutley wonderfull !!!!!, after seeing these picks I went back and searched for the origanal recipe and found it
icon_biggrin.gif
along with your recipe for stuffed peppers....mmm...mmm good. Just a couple questions if you'd be so kind..

Do you still use the worchestershire sauce in the meatloaf ?

Can you tell me were you bought your loaf pan, been looking for one like that.

And know for the big question.... can I twist your arm into sharing your mac n cheese recipe ??? It's everyone's favorite comfort food around here.

This will be my next smoke, Thanks!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I forgot to answer the question about the "loaf" pan. It is a vegetable steamer. i have no idea where I got it. May have been a gift.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

meowey that looks awesome. I wish my smoker was done so I could do one.

You can get a grill wok from Grill Toppers. It's sold in the grill section, and is the shape of an upside down pyramid and is ceramic coated, I believe. I've never seen at any of the Walmarts around here, but I have seen them at Bass Pro. I bought mine at a hardware store near by. Before I got this, I used a cheap metal colander for my meat loaves, with good success.

Thanks Gunslinger, never thought to look in my local hardware stores, I'll check ther first... if it doesn't pan out ,(sorry I couldn't resist) I'll check out the other places.

I have used an aluminum foil pan and poked a few holes in the bottom, then set it on top of another identical pan to catch the juices & grease.

Meowey, those snow pics are uncalled for! Reminds me of Minnesota.
Now that meatloaf is another story! Wow! Looks super!
Smoke on! ;)

hummm feeling minnesota....or not...ex lives there.....uggghhhh

then again we got several inches out here a few days back also......
biggrin.gif

I hate to bring an old thread back to life, but that is probably the greatest meatloaf I have ever seen. I am planning on smoking one this weekend and will definately be using the recipe above. WOW!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky