Apple Smoked Apple Dumplin' on the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Old thread revival, stumbled across these a while back, tried them and they were awesome...... did a light smoke with apple/maple wood...and some vanilla ice cream

Oh these are so good! We've made them for thanksgiving desert the last couple years. For an adult version add a bit of bourbon in the cored out apple, or sauté the apple slices in some bourbon prior to stacking.

Old thread revival, stumbled across these a while back, tried them and they were awesome...... did a light smoke with apple/maple wood...and some vanilla ice cream
 Glad to hear they turned out well for you! :)
What temp did you smoke at?
I usually smoke them at 300F or higher. They don't benefit from low and slow so the higher the heat the better if doing them alone.. I've smoked them along side other meats at a lower temp.... works ok too.
Oh these are so good! We've made them for thanksgiving desert the last couple years. For an adult version add a bit of bourbon in the cored out apple, or sauté the apple slices in some bourbon prior to stacking.
Glad to hear they turned out well for you too!

Not exactly pretty, but still delicious....

Those look danged tasty! Nice job!

Can you tell me how long you smoked these? LOL... I was thinking these would be good with bacon wrapped around the apples, too! Mmmmmmmmmmm......  Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky