Apple Pie ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
OK, you liked the Strawberry, its Memorial Day gotta have something sweet to finish the meal. What better than apple pie. In case you don't know me, I am not big on boxes or cans, or freezer premade.

IMG_9785.JPG

I made the pie last night so it would be ready today. When I made my coffee this morning, I noticed a mouse had cut out a big slice of my pie. Probably had it with coffee. I must have scared the mouse cause it forgot about the ice cream in the freezer. Or maybe just too hungry.

IMG_9788.JPG

Those spots that look like buggs in the pie, well that's what I would tell my nephew anyway, those are cranberries. I gotta tell you I have tried caramel apple, bacon apple, pecan apple, etc etc... But I just can't top those dang cranberries. Its like peas and carrots! Apples and cranberries!

IMG_9793.JPG

Well I'll be back when the ribs are done..... Thought I would get ya thinkin about how much time ya got to make that apple pie!

Ingredients:
4 or 5 Honey Crisp apples peeled & wedged
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cap maple extract
eggwash
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 9 inch pie shell
Preheat oven 400 Degrees
Directions:

Combine apples, cinn, sugar, maple extract, and spice. Place in pie crust top with crust. Paint with eggwash. Slit vents.
Bake for approx 45 to 50 mins. (You can also add raisins and/ or whole pecans also.)

You can also throw in cranisins or cranberries.

Have a great day off, and remember why we got the day off.

Last edited:
That looks terrific Kevin! Ain’t hardly anything better than a fresh baked apple pie...I’d do some damage to that beauty!

Big like, and thanks for sharing your recipe! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Red

A couple of scoops of Bluebell Golden Vanilla on top would be right smart!

Victor, I like Bluebell "French Vanilla" on pies, but since the reorganization with Mr. Bass they only make it 1 month a year. I have a couple of cartons in the freezer. LOL Have you tried Bluebells "Coffee" ice cream. Thats pretty good stuff too.

I’m not a huge apple pie sort (cherry and raspberry is where my heart skips a beat) but gawd almighty that crust looks amazing. Like it’d break like glass.

Awesome job!

Thank you, wish I could say I could just whip those out everytime, but that ain't true....LOL I am getting better at it though.

Yeah, I'd love to be that mouse! I'm a pie kind of guy. Chocolate, Danish, cheese cake... Give me pie! Looks Awesome to me!!! Put on any brand's 12-15% butterfat ice cream (as a UP'er, Jilberts comes to mind) and I'm in heaven!

Yeah, I'd love to be that mouse! I'm a pie kind of guy. Chocolate, Danish, cheese cake... Give me pie! Looks Awesome to me!!! Put on any brand's 12-15% butterfat ice cream (as a UP'er, Jilberts comes to mind) and I'm in heaven!

I never much baked till the last few years, my sister was the baker. It all looked too much like chemistry to me..LOL

Thanks

I love apple pie, Kev. Its one of my favorites. Funny thing is, I have Craisins with my supper every night (mix them in with the veggies, but I never thought to add them to Apple Pie. Go figure.
POINT for the idea and a beautiful pie.
Gary

Thank you sir. See I never thought of veggies! I'll have to try that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky