Apple pie baked beans.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Binford 6100

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
So I have a co worker that was yelling me about something he ran across. Apple pie baked beans.
Thought I'd try it.

20220903_135733.jpg
20220903_140133.jpg
20220903_144341.jpg

That looks awesome. Love to include some type of fruit in beans. Must give this version a go next time I do smoked meatloaf. Thanks for sharing your idea.

• 2-28oz cans of baked beans, I picked original Bush to keep the sugar down from say country style that already has extra sugar.
  • 1-14oz can Apple Pie Filling
  • 1lb breakfast sausage
  • 1 whole red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 16oz BBQ sauce (use the cheap stuff)
  • 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 tablespoons spicy pork rub of your choice.

That's the recipe I used if anyone wants to give it a whirrel.
I am smoking about 3 hours at 225.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and tbern
We must think alike. I know that's a scary thought, especially if you knew me...🤣. I'm actually doing something very similar tomorrow for Labor Day. Family rode up to the mountains to an apple orchard and brought home a bunch of apples so I'm doing a modified version of Dutch Dutch 's baked beans and using them...

I just can't do premade baked beans in my baked beans. I mean lol what's the point? I always just add pintos and then the usual ingredients. Peach is also popular for that but I am not a fan of the huge slices of fruit in my beans. Looks great though you needed some more stiring me thinks lol. thanks for sharing

I just can't do premade baked beans in my baked beans.
I prefer dry beans, also. Getting ready for tomorrow...
20220904_121314[1].jpg

5 cups of pintos and 12 cups of water for an overnight soak.
Peach is also popular for that but I am not a fan of the huge slices of fruit in my beans.
I mostly use peaches because some in my family are allergic to pineapple and others just don't like it. I cut up the peaches into small pieces about 1" square. Doing the apples tomorrow because I have them and they will be cut into small pieces, as well...

Looks great!

Jane does more or less the same except she just uses sliced apples and instead of breakfast sausage she uses chourico.

Something worth trying for sure! Canned peaches may be promising too. And a lot of folks add pineapple.
I'm thinking halving the slices after they come out of the can might make it easier to serve and eat.

Something worth trying for sure! Canned peaches may be promising too. And a lot of folks add pineapple.
I'm thinking halving the slices after they come out of the can might make it easier to serve and eat.
I take the easy road and use Bush beans and peach pie filling. Lazy? Maybe 😉

Keith

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky