Apple Jelly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If I may bring this Hi-Jack back a little closer to on track for a moment.
When I first read the OP, I thought h e was looking for a recipe. That stirred up some interest in me as I recently noticed Apple Jelly is hard to find in these parts as well. Complete shock to me. I wanted to change it up a bit with my biscuits and my store didn't stock it. Nor the Competition or Walmart.
Good thing we try to keep this place mostly family friendly or I'd have some real expletives to call you guys. What have you created ? You launched me on a quest to find out how to make it. Simple enough and easy to do. But the adventure doesn't end there, oh no, it goes on and on and .....
I ended up on that site where you pin things, you know the one. Did you know you can makr jelly from almost anything ? I saw things I can't un-see. Some were an intent "you've got to be kidding me" others were a serious "what were you thinking". There were a few " I might have to try that".
Just a few, you decide the category:
Carrots
Root Beer
Dandillion
Clover
Mountain Dew
Jalapeno
the list goes on and on.....
You may continue your tangent now, I gotta price shop some Pectin now.

If I may bring this Hi-Jack back a little closer to on track for a moment.
When I first read the OP, I thought h e was looking for a recipe. That stirred up some interest in me as I recently noticed Apple Jelly is hard to find in these parts as well. Complete shock to me. I wanted to change it up a bit with my biscuits and my store didn't stock it. Nor the Competition or Walmart.
Good thing we try to keep this place mostly family friendly or I'd have some real expletives to call you guys. What have you created ? You launched me on a quest to find out how to make it. Simple enough and easy to do. But the adventure doesn't end there, oh no, it goes on and on and .....
I ended up on that site where you pin things, you know the one. Did you know you can makr jelly from almost anything ? I saw things I can't un-see. Some were an intent "you've got to be kidding me" others were a serious "what were you thinking". There were a few " I might have to try that".
Just a few, you decide the category:
Carrots
Root Beer
Dandillion
Clover
Mountain Dew
Jalapeno
the list goes on and on.....
You may continue your tangent now, I gotta price shop some Pectin now.

You can order it in. Even Walmart will deliver.
Mountain Dew Jelly? :confused: That sound hard core. :eek:
We have Prickly Pear Jelly. Made from cactus. And it's good.

Your Pectin awaits... <click hear<
Check this out...

My favorite is Grape Jelly. Any old brand.
Much of it is a lost art now. My folks use to do a lot of canning, they use to seal the jars with paraffin wax.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky