Apple cider vs. apple juice brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DinnerIsComing

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 27, 2022
Cedar Creek, TX
I was reading Jeff's "Smoked Pork Crown Roast" recipe (link). In the recipe, he instructs that the crown roast needs to be brined in "Apple/Honey Brine for Pork Crown Roast" and he gives that recipe as well.

My question is how does the use of apple cider vs. using apple juice make a difference in the final results?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Flavor and sweetness.
Apple cider is not as sweet as apple juice and hasn't been filtered to the point of losing those subtle but complex flavors like apple juice.

Reactions: gmc2003
Apple cider doesn't contain sugars would be my guess.

You made me curious enough to go read the labels on the juice and cider that I have on hand. Believe it or not, the carbohydrate levels are about the same -- 26-28g per 8oz serving. I've always thought the same as you -- cider had considerably less sugar in it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky