Apple Chunks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azgramps

Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona, USofA
Hey all, I am heading up to our Bass Pro Shop and saw they had Apple wood Chunks and was wondering how Apple does for pork and chicken? Is it a good flavor, what does it taste like (and I swear if you say Apples I am gonna hunt you down and make Sausage out of ya)
drool.gif

Thanks,

hey SV buddy, apple goes real well with pork, I use it when I do bacon- mixed with some hickory. I Do try and keep it on hand at all times, since your making the trip to the Big city make sure you stock up-home depot and wally have apple also. (sometimes). by the way it kinda tastes a lil like well                      chicken.                             

Apple goes good with fowl for sure. I would say for pork as well because you can buy apple smoked bacon.
I'm actually going to raise a couple oinkers so I can make my own bacon.

Apple is very good. I have got to where I throw some in with all wood. I haven't tried it with orange yet but will.

ronnie

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky