Appetizers With Peppers ~ Three Different Styles ~ All Wrapped In Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
I recently did an appetizer platter with a big assortment of peppers wrapped in bacon I'd like to share. First I made some standard ABT's. The cream cheese in these was seasoned with Cimarron Doc's BBQ rub (it has a hint of chile powder) and the bacon seasoned with just pepper. Next were some mini peppers with alternating Fontina cheese, shrimp, and cream cheese seasoned with lemon pepper. I used my double smoked bacon on these. Lastly were red pepper rings wrapped in a slice of bacon and seasoned with a rub of paprika, coriander, cumin and roasted garlic powder.

Z65jfQl.jpg
hT9834U.jpg
78xCw8m.jpg
hHYfhw6.jpg
ZPkct9j.jpg

i'll take 2 of each please, they sure do look good!!

I really like ABT's, but I make the lengthwise ones because I can cook some of the heat out... I'm good for at least two, maybe three in one sitting.

The mini peppers , which are a lot milder, develop a great flavor with the charred skin. Adding shrimp is another level of flavor, and the small bacon cap is not overwhelming. I usually use 2 cheeses in these, but this is maybe the second or third time for the Fontina.

The red pepper rings are one of my favorite appetizers, and if you pound the bacon right.... the pepper is still slightly crunchy when it gets browned. These are much more filling that you think.

Reactions: smokerjim
Judging? What and where, sounds like a good time.
Bring on that CR&G!

It was a 2-day KCBS contest in Wyoming called Smoke & Soulfest. 41 teams were there, and some were heavy hitters. Several from Kansas City area, Texas, Kansas, and all of the intermountain west states. The same teams took the Grand Championship and Reserve Championship both days. The food was top notch and there was a lot of wagyu brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky