Apparently my first try at pulled pork was outstanding.....Unfortunately I don't have first hand kno

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ledfish

Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Clarkston, Michigan
The wife and I are going to a birthday party this weekend out of town. I was asked if I could bring some smoked pulled pork with the new smoker everyone chipped in and paid for my birthday last month.

The wife got two boneless butts at Costco over the weekend. Together they were 16lbs. She thought I could do one for the party and one for us to keep at home.

I decided to meowey's basic pulled pork smoke out of the wiki.

I started at 7:00am this morning. It was cold this morning here, about 15 degrees, but it seemed really cold. As I tended to my smoking project, as the day wore on, I felt crappier and crappier.

The pork finished about 6.30pm. I took it off the smoker, wrapped it and put it in the cooler. With a fever, chills and upset stomach, I headed for the bed. The last thing I'm interested in is eating anything right now.

But I did get an update from the wife who said it was excellent. She is starting to think I have a knack for this sort of thing.

You know how sometimes when you get the flu and for a longtime after you can't eat the last thing you ate. I pray to god I don't have that issue.

Bummer hope you get to feeling better soon and that there's some pork left when ya do

I smoked one last saturday because I had to, it was in the fridge ready to go. I came down with the flu also and did a allnighter. Funny thing is I couldnt smell the wood smoking or taste anything.  I gave a taste after pulling it and it tasted like nothing. Don't worry your taste for it will come back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky