Anyone use the masterbuilt 560??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got mine about 10 days ago. My first real smoker. I’ve only ever used smoke boxes on a gas grill, so that really doesn’t count. Yesterday made my first ever brisket. ( never had the equipment). It turned out perfect. I’ve also cooked some awesome steaks and smoked some chicken breast. I used good quality lump charcoal with hickory chunks mixed in and a couple mesquite. Also dropped a chunk in the ash bucket a few times. Made plenty smoke. Other than the quirky phone app it works great, holds temp, easy to clean, no moving parts. Very satisfied.

Attachments

• C2F82182-BBA2-448A-8259-D31893E780CC.jpeg
    C2F82182-BBA2-448A-8259-D31893E780CC.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 133
  • FE3A9FE8-6AB4-49D2-AC33-A97C9C73457E.jpeg
    FE3A9FE8-6AB4-49D2-AC33-A97C9C73457E.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 209
Got mine about 10 days ago. My first real smoker. I’ve only ever used smoke boxes on a gas grill, so that really doesn’t count. Yesterday made my first ever brisket. ( never had the equipment). It turned out perfect. I’ve also cooked some awesome steaks and smoked some chicken breast. I used good quality lump charcoal with hickory chunks mixed in and a couple mesquite. Also dropped a chunk in the ash bucket a few times. Made plenty smoke. Other than the quirky phone app it works great, holds temp, easy to clean, no moving parts. Very satisfied.

Well, there IS that fan that runs when you're using the grill

Well, my 1050 will be here tomorrow! I know there are some hiccups but nothing that was a show stopper.

Cabela’s has it for $799 with 10% off using the cabelas card (available every Tuesday) and an extra $20 off as a card signing bonus.

For $699 out the door (free shipping and no tax), I couldn’t pass it up.

Mine has been working great since January. Sorry you’re having problems. Have you submitted a warranty request on their website?

I submitted a warranty request today on the fire box.
Do you think they will stand behind a repair?
I have had mine since January as well.
Have any of you others gotten help from Masterbuilt for a new fire box mod or am I going to be on my own?

Have any of you others gotten help from Masterbuilt for a new fire box mod or am I going to be on my own?
I saw a post on the MB Gravity UK Facebook where Masterbuilt sent him brand new metal plates and insulation.
Me? I bought one of the stainless steel repair kits

Reactions: Will Squared
I saw two kits. One is 14 gauge and the other is 12 gauge. I might just get a mod kit if the warranty deal takes too long. I wouldn't want a thin metal mod kit and get a repeat
Thanx Rex.

Well, my 1050 will be here tomorrow! I know there are some hiccups but nothing that was a show stopper.

Cabela’s has it for $799 with 10% off using the cabelas card (available every Tuesday) and an extra $20 off as a card signing bonus.

For $699 out the door (free shipping and no tax

It’s what I find , message from MB

Attachments

• 170EACD1-900C-46D6-8846-005A060E6569.jpeg
    170EACD1-900C-46D6-8846-005A060E6569.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 190
I saw two kits. One is 14 gauge and the other is 12 gauge. I might just get a mod kit if the warranty deal takes too long. I wouldn't want a thin metal mod kit and get a repeat
Thanx Rex.
Remember my post on the box mods warping and allowing moisture between old and new plates. Might not be a deal breaker for you but check it out 1st.

So the metal plates are only temporary for transport?
It looked like I had fuzzy insulation looking material (just a little bit) in the ash bucket this time.
I think Rex had a video about his insulation.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky