Anyone on here smoking anything this weekend.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. Whats the weight on that beast? Do you end up wrapping that in tin foil or leave it on the open rack the entire time? Can't wait for the final photos.

View attachment 382354
The pork butt has been going for a couple of hours now. This picture is from when I first put it on. I will send a final picture when it's all set. In about twenty minutes I'll be firing up some chicken wings for lunch while we wait.

Looks great. Whats the weight on that beast? Do you end up wrapping that in tin foil or leave it on the open rack the entire time? Can't wait for the final photos

Change in plans because we managed to forget twice:

Only doing the Mac n Cheese, no ABTs. Not sure what I'll make with it. Maybe just some steamed veggies. Mac n Cheese is pretty darn rich!

Change in plans because we managed to forget twice:

Only doing the Mac n Cheese, no ABTs. Not sure what I'll make with it. Maybe just some steamed veggies. Mac n Cheese is pretty darn rich!

Well I think it will be good either way. Send some pictures! I hadn't planned on smoking anything this weekend but all these pictures are making me regret that decision. Great forum here, glad I found it.

My weekend just started, I have 15 pounds of chicken drumsticks that I injected last night, I did 5lbs of Scarbelly recipe, 5 lbs of spicy blue cheese, and 5lbs of Thai Peanut butter. Plan on starting the smoke Monday AM with Hickory/Mesquite/COB.

Unfortunately this is the last smoke for the year for me. With being an RN and the holiday season approaching, This year I will get 1 day off here and there, until after the new year. Looking forward to pork roast, ribs, and salmon for January, and maybe some more cheese.

Looks great. Whats the weight on that beast? Do you end up wrapping that in tin foil or leave it on the open rack the entire time? Can't wait for the final photos
I believe it was just shy of 8 pounds. Its a boneless cut too. They didnt have any bone-in cuts out yesterday. I'm leaving it open until it reaches about 165° internal temp then I'll crutch it with some foil to finish it off for the last 30° or so.

20181209_135429.jpg

Heres a picture of some of the wings I smoked up for lunch. Thatll hold us over until the pork butt Is ready later

Reactions: meatallica
Heres the final update on my first pork butt. After 9 hours of smoking at around 225° and 30 minutes of rest here are the results. I have a full post with all of the details up as well.

Nick

20181209_191445.jpg
20181209_190721.jpg
20181209_192247.jpg

Attachments

• 20181209_190721.jpg
    20181209_190721.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 22
Took longer then the Original poster's recipe, but boy..is this good. Also likely to kill me via the 2 pounds of cheese..but good!

Attachments

• 20181209_195846.jpg
    20181209_195846.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20181209_200344.jpg
    20181209_200344.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 21
My weekend just started, I have 15 pounds of chicken drumsticks that I injected last night, I did 5lbs of Scarbelly recipe, 5 lbs of spicy blue cheese, and 5lbs of Thai Peanut butter. Plan on starting the smoke Monday AM with Hickory/Mesquite/COB.

Unfortunately this is the last smoke for the year for me. With being an RN and the holiday season approaching, This year I will get 1 day off here and there, until after the new year. Looking forward to pork roast, ribs, and salmon for January, and maybe some more cheese.

Well you do noble work so hopefully the holidays aren't to crazy for you. Hopefully the smoke sesh goes well for you. Love to see the pictures once its done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky