Anyone Modified A Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault To Add A Rotisserie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azsmokermark

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Glendale, AZ
I've been toying with the idea of adding a rotisserie to my SMV24S smoke vault.  I originally thought about it for whole chickens and cooking them evenly, or chicken wings and legs in a basket.  The more I think about this the less I think a rotisserie is necessary.  I would be interested in your thoughts on the subject and if you've done this, tips on how you accomplished it.

Mark

I have a rotisserie in one of my minis...

5e89e84b0d604fd7100acc44aab9f6f8.jpg

7553537001e1e7888a8cfb6f52b31663.jpg

I was using kiawe lump charcoal and a gold SJ. I couldn't keep it hot enough with the lid off so the whole point of the rotisserie was kinda lost. I've since got a SJS, so the air intake will be from below the charcoal, and I'm gonna break the lump into smaller pieces so it'll get hotter!

I'm not familiar with the smoker you are asking about but that's my $0.02...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been toying with the idea of adding a rotisserie to my SMV24S smoke vault.  I originally thought about it for whole chickens and cooking them evenly, or chicken wings and legs in a basket.  The more I think about this the less I think a rotisserie is necessary.  I would be interested in your thoughts on the subject and if you've done this, tips on how you accomplished it.

Mark
https://t.co/oyxJmsEYvx    Here is mine.    Hooked it up today.   Works very well. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky