1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone mod the handle of the Big Block GOSM

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by igolf2, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Recently bought a Big Block and love the it, the only thing I want to improve on is the handle. I installed the self-adhesive gasket from a ceramic smoker all around the door ( works fantastic, not more leaks at all ! ) but the cheap handle does not latch the door tightly.

I put a large steel nut on the end of the inside handle post and it helps but was wondering if anyone had a more efficient method.

2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Well I have the small block and I just lived with the not super tight fit and it does lose a little bit of smoke and most likely heat but I just let it rip and now it's the back-up smoker for sausage and bacons. But it worked just the way it came out of the box for maybe 4-5 years. So what I'm saying leave it alone and smoke on brother.

3. Thanks for the reply,  with the new door gasket on I am not getting any heat or smoke leakage at all and I can live with the rigged up handle as it is but just looking for a more permanet solution. I will probably take the original handle completely off and buy a new handle and latch.