Anyone know where a guy can find replacement MES smoker parts?

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by rbranstner, Jan 29, 2011.

1. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I am going to build an electric smoker out of an old fridge and there are several MES parts that I would love to get my hands on. I have been searching the web but am not finding much. Anyone know of a good web site where you can pick up new or used MES replacement parts?

2. I believe you can call Masterbuilt customer support and order parts.

3. dale5351

dale5351 Smoking Fanatic

You could try your local freecycle and/or craigslist.

4. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    I have looked at Clist and several other for sale sites a few different times.

Looking for used WSMs.

Never have seen a used or broken MES.

I may be going by the MES home office in a few weeks to look at the scratch and dent items for sale.

I will ask about parts. New or used.

Good luck and have fun.

Craig

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I think I would try Masterbuilt first, at least you could get an idea on price. Then try Craig's list.

6. rbranstner

I emailed Masterbuilt and they said you have to call their 800 number or if I email them the part numbers I am looking for they can let them know prices and availability.

7. rbranstner

Masterbuilt has been very easy to work with so far. I emailed them the part number and they got right back to me with the price and what not. If its not for a replacement on an MES you can still buy the parts but it is non refundable non returnable. No bid deal since the air damper I am looking at is around $7 plus shipping.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great! Can't wait to see that fridge when it's done.

9. rbranstner

I should hopefully be getting it this week and then maybe I will take it to my work and tinker on it after hours in the heated parking garage. Much better than freezing my butt off in my garage at home.