anyone know what "sweet polish " is ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok no sugar , so do i just add the smoked paparicka ? " leggs" polish seasoning is a good tasting seasoning but its very weak the directions call for 1/2 oz per lb, but in order to get a really good flavor from it i have been using 1 oz per pound . i wish i could find another polish seasoning that has a stronger flavor

can that still be called a "polish sausage "?
It's called Italian sweet sausage around here not sure if its close to a polish sausage or not. But for 25lbs its 5oz salt, 2oz fennel seed, 1 1/2oz black pepper , for hot ya just replace the black pepper with crushed red pepper if you like it hotter just add more and paprika to color.

Reactions: cal1956
i think the best thing i can do is when i see him again in a couple of days is to ask him "how " he wants the sausage made and go from there

Reactions: bill ace 350
I know in reference to Italian sausage, sweet refers to a sausage without the addition of hot peppers, but instead the addition of sweet peppers like mild Calabrian pepperoncino. Not sure about Polish, but maybe sweet paprika???
And often the addition of basil.
thanks , any suggestions as to how much sugar /paparicka per unit of meat
i still have a little time before i get to the polish , i want to get all the smoked sausage done before i start on the polish
A good starting point on paprika is 2 g/kg of meat.
can that still be called a "polish sausage "?
I know a family that has German-Jewish roots, and their old country family recipe for sausage calls for pork, beef, salt, black pepper, white pepper, Tender Quick, and garlic. To me this is the building block of many Polish recipes (as well as other nationalities too) but they refer to it as German sausage, and they are fiercely proud using that name.
ok no sugar , so do i just add the smoked paparicka ? " leggs" polish seasoning is a good tasting seasoning but its very weak the directions call for 1/2 oz per lb, but in order to get a really good flavor from it i have been using 1 oz per pound . i wish i could find another polish seasoning that has a stronger flavor
A good sausage cookbook, like the ones by the Marianski brothers will give you so much ammunition for recipes, you might skip the store-bought blends.

thirdeye : i have never heard of " tender quick " can you tell me/us what that is

i talked to the guy that asked for "sweet polish " yesterday afternoon and even he could not give a difinitave answer!!!
so what we agreed on was that i would make him a very mild polish sausage ( the man has a stomach problem and is having surgery in a couple of weeks to correct it ) so i am going to make them as mild as i can so that when he is able he will have something he can enjoy eating

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky