Anyone heard of Smokey Joes Smokers??

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by jeff 1, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jeff 1

jeff 1 Smoke Blower

http://www.smokeyjoesmokers.com/   They are out of Oklahoma and use some kind of top flow baffleing system to keep the temps even inside 

Anyone know much about these smokers? 

2. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I sense a lawsuit coming here.  I doubt if Weber would appreciate them using the "Smokey Joe" name?

Good luck and good smoking.

3. jdt

jdt Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

they have been around a while, long enough to get a pretty bad reputation for taking peoples money and delivering a pit or money back months later, there was a huge thread at the Brothren about them being shoddy. Horizons and Bellfab (owasso=tulsa area) are both out of Oklahoma if geography was your motivation. The Bellfabs would need a convection plate added but considering they are 1/3 the cost they are worth modding IMO. My 24 x 54 Bellfab out of thick steel cost less than many pit builders including Lang and Klose wanted just to ship me a smoker up here north of the mason dixon line, check them out at bellfab.com.  

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I have heard of this smoker.  There are people here who have one.  I cant recall their opinions.  Most smokers are not good to go out of the box, and need some mods.

Where does that leave you?  I wish I could help you more.

Good luck and good smoking.